Disaster

(A/N: Hey gang, and welcome to the part... With the weirdest song to set the mood, ever. Just... think this is what Namaari is thinking at the end of this chapter, where things...... Wait, wait, wait, I can't tell you guys what happens! 🤦 You have to actually read the chapter and figure it out! Silly me huh? Ok, here we go!)

(Namaari's POV)

I'm in the dark, swimming, but never reaching the surface. There's no way out. 

I'mdeadI'mdeadI'mdeadI'mdead.

"Namaari! Namaari!"

Everythings shaking, I'm rising, out of the dark.

Raya's face, pale, drawn, her hand in mine. 

"Am I in Heart?" 

"Well, obviously."

I pull her into a tight embrace, like we're the only people in the room. Even though my head still feels like its full of air, and I have to lie down again too soon.

"Where's the best place for a drink?"

She helps me up, and I lean on her like a crutch. 

"C'mon dep'la, this way."

========================================================

The kitchen is a deep teal, with gold details. Unoccupied, silent, perfect. 

"We get water from the wells on the mountian now, so, sorry if it isn't the best."

"No, no, its fine. I'll drink any clean water." 

She hands me a bucket. And, wow, wow is this water clear. So clear that I could almost reach in and touch the bottom if I wanted. 

Instead, I scoop up handful after handful of water, relishing the cool feeling that it gives my throat. Only when the buckets empty do can I finally breathe better.

"Thank you."

"Anytime."

"There's water down my shirt isn't there?"

"Yep."

I chuckle, pull her close, and fluff up her hair.

"Aw hey!"

But she's laughing too, and to make the person I love laugh... is a pretty good achievement.

=================================================================

I'm in her bed, with sunlight streaming on my face, and last nights events coming back to me thick and fast. 

Escaping dinner hand in hand, climbing up the mountian where the dragon gem was once hidden, (I had to bite my lip and look away), just to see the sunset. 

"Wow."

"Beautiful view isn't it?"

"I know, right?"

We stayed long after the sun had sunk behind the hill and left behind a deep orange and light blue sky fading into a dark indigo. And even then Raya couldn't drag me away.

"Sorry, its just- Never seen a sunset like that before."

"Yeah, its been a while for me too."

I looked at my feet, going red.

"Hey, its okay. Well, it wasn't okay back then, but I've forgiven you."

"Promise?"

"I promise?"

After stumbling back to the palace in the dark we fell asleep in each others arms, somehow still fully clothed.

"Morning dep'la."

Raya's propped herself up beside me, wiping the sleep from her eyes.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Good. You?"

"I- Oh God!"

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry its just- Raya, I've gotta go home, my mothers gonna freak!"

"Oh Namaari, don't. Hey, wait?"

I turn back. "Yes?"

"Can I at least give you a ride home? It'll be much faster if we do."

"You'd do that for me?"

"Course I would. Tuk Tuk needed some exersize anyway."

=============================================================

I've felt more alive than ever riding on Serlot, but thats nothing compared to being on Tuk Tuk. With the wind whipping through my hair, clinging onto Raya's waist, and breathing in the warm sweet air.

"Don't fall off!" Raya hollers when I spread out my arms to feel like I'm flying.

"Woah!"

"Great feeling isn't it?"

"I hope it lasts forever!"

She's laughing, but her laughter screeches to a halt when the palace draws closer.

Before I jump off at the gates she gives me a brief kiss on the lips.

"See you tonight."

"Yeah, see you."

"I love you."

What?  I look back at her, eyebrows raised. No-ones ever said 'I love you', to me before. Not even my own mother, who only had time to point out my mistakes, even when I did my best.

"I- I love you too."

I stand at the door, fingering the handle, until she's no more than a dot on the horizon. 

The throne room floor remains icy at my feet. I look around. "Hello?"

Swishing fabric, my mothers long nails digging into my shoulder. "Where have you been?!" she snarls.

"I went out, just to clear my head-"

"Liar! You were with that girl from Heart, weren't you?"

"Well, sort of...."

"Aha! How dare you lie to me!"

"I wasn't lying! I went out to clear my head, and passed out at the border. So was taken to Hearts palace!"

"Likely story!"

"I'm telling the truth!"

"Very well! And I think its time you said goodbye to your little friend-"

"Raya! Say it! Her name's Raya!"

"Raya." She says it like a discusting swear word. "Because you won't be seeing much of her anymore."

"What... do you mean?"

"I've found you a husband! He's a member of the guard, very rich, very handsome, just a little bit older-"

"How old?"

"Twenty one."

"He'll be the perfect match for you!"

Oh no. Ohnonononononononono.

This.

Cannot.

Be.

Happening.

(A/N: AHAHAHAHAHA! A cliffie at a critical moment in the story! Wednesday (in NZ) is when you'll find out what happens my dudes. But until then, to be continued....

Ps: Thanks for over 40 reads and 1 vote! Ily guys so much! 😘❤️)