Chapter 8

The next morning Tracey, Ron and Hermione were having breakfast and Ron was eating some sausage while he read.

Tracey looked at him in disgust.

"Do you ever stop eating?" Hermione asked.

"What? I'm hungry." he said.

The two of them shook their head and Hermione saw Harry.

"Harry."

"Can I join you?" he asked.

They nodded and he sat next to Tracey.

After breakfast they all heard McGonagall talking to someone.

"Pardon me, professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?" Umbridge said.

"I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students... you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices." McGonagall said.

"So silly of me, but it sounds... as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom... Minerva." Umbridge said taking a step.

"Not at all, Dolores, merely your medieval methods." she said stepping up next to her.

"I am sorry, dear. But to question my practices is to question the Ministry... and by extension, the minister himself. I am a tolerant woman... but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty."

"Disloyalty?"

"Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action."

Sure enough there were people that work for a newspaper asking Umbridge questions.

"What happened to Dumbledore?"

Fudge said things about her in the paper also.

She was walking around the school asking teachers questions.

She was in divination right now.

"Just one question dear. You've been in this post how long?" Umbridge asked.

Another time it was potions.

"You applied to teach Defense Against the Dark Arts is that correct?"

"Yes." Snape said.

"But you were unsuccessful?"

"Obviously." he said.

When she left Ron snickered. Then Snape smacked the back of his head with a book.

That got Harry and Tracey having trouble not to laugh.

Back in divination,

"Could you please, predict something for me?"

"I'm sorry?" Trelawney asked in shock.

She was listening to music with Professor Flitwick.

"Move those mouths!" he said.

Then a pink measuring tape came and measured him.

"One, teensy little prophecy?"

She stood there quietly for a few seconds.

"Pity." she said and started writing something.

"No no wait I think I do see something, I see something dark. You, are in grave danger." Trelawney said.

"Lovely."

Later that day people were going outside.

"Cho! Cho what's going on?" Harry asked her.

"It's Professor Trelawney." Cho said.

Mr. Filch put down another bag of her things.

Then Umbridge came.

"Sixteen years I've lived and worked here. Hogwarts is my home. You can't do this."

Then Umbridge took out some paper. "Actually I can."

A few seconds later McGonagall was walking over to her. Then put her arms around her.

"Something you'd like to say dear?" Umbridge asked smiling.

"Oh there are several things I would like to say. Shh, shh." McGonagall said.

A few seconds later the door opened and Dumbledore came.

"Professor McGonagall, may I ask you to bring Sybill back inside?" he said.

"Oh thank you." Trelawney said smiling.

"Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms... .of Educational Decree Number You have the right to dismiss my teachers." Umbridge said.

"You do not, however, have the authority to banish them from the grounds. That power remains with the headmaster." he said.

"For now." she said.

Then he turned around and Harry called out his name.

"Professor? Professor Dumbledore! Professor!"

He got no answer.