Chapter 7

After his detention he headed back to the common room.

When he got there he sat down and studied for a bit.

While he did that he listened to Fred and George.

"Skiving Snackboxes." George said to someone next to him.

"Sweets that make you ill." Fred said.

"Get out of class whenever you like. Obtain hours of pleasure

from unprofitable boredom." George said.

Then looked at the boy next to him.

"Care for another?" He nodded his now big chin.

"I'm not asking you to write all of it for me. I've been busy studying for these stupid OWL exams." Ron said.

"I'll do the introduction. That's all." Hermione said.

"Hermione, you're honestly the most wonderful person I've ever met. And if I'm ever rude to you again...

"I'll know you've gone back to normal."

When they sat down Tracey looked at Harry's hand.

"What's wrong with your hand?"

"Nothing." he said covering his left hand.

"The other hand." She took it and gasped. "Harry! You have to go to Dumbledore. Or at least mum and dad."

"No, Dumbledore's got enough on his mind right now. I don't want to give Umbridge the satisfaction." he said.

"Bloody hell, Harry. The woman's torturing you. If the parents knew about this..." Ron started.

"If mum and dad find out dad's going to lose it. Mum's going to lose it worse. Everyone knows what kind of temper she has. They call it 'the Evens glare'. he said.

"I think your temper is worse then her's actually. Which is saying something!" Tracey said.

"Harry Harry you have to report this. It's perfectly simple-" Hermione started.

"No it's not. Hermione, whatever this is it's not simple."

He stood up and grabbed his book.

"You don't understand."

"Then help us to." she said.

Dear mum and dad,

We hope you're doing all right. It's starting to get colder here.

Winter is definitely on the way. Our year isn't going that well. The Defense Professor isn't that good. She makes us use books instead of teaching us spells. She works for the ministry and doesn't treat Harry that well. She's giving him a lot of detentions these days. We're looking forward to seeing you again, tell uncle Moony and uncle Padfoot we said hello,

Tracey and Harry

After that they headed to Hedwig and sent their letter.

"Let's hope they don't find out what she's doing." Harry said. "I can't believe I made a deal with you on this."

"At least I didn't make you put the entire thing out." she said.

When he got to the forest he saw Luna standing next to an animal with no shoes.

"Hello Harry Potter." she said.

"Your feet, aren't they cold?" he asked.

"A bit. Unfortunately all my shoes have mysteriously disappeared. I suspect it's the Nargles are behind it." she said.

What are they?" he asked.

"They're called Thestrals. They're quite gentle, really, but people avoid them because they're a bit..."

"Different. But why can't the other's see them?"

"They can only be seen by people who have seen death."

"So you've known someone who's died, then?"

"My mum. She was quite an extraordinary witch, but she did like to... and one day, one of her spells went badly wrong. I was 9."

"I'm sorry."

"Yes, it was rather horrible. I do feel sad about it sometimes. But I've got my dad." Then she looked at him. "We both believe you by the way. That he-who-must-not-be-named is back. And you fought him s back, and you fought him... and the Ministry and the Prophet are conspiring against you."

"Thanks. It seems you're about the only ones that do."

"I don't think that's true."

"But I suppose that's how he wants you to feel."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, if I were You-Know-Who... I'd want you to feel cut off from everyone else... because if it's just you alone... you're not as much of a threat."