Chapter 4

Lily, James and Tracey took Harry to his hearing.

When they got to the phone room James took out some money and put it in.

Good thing I lived in the Muggle world and remember everything." Lily said.

Harry and Tracey chuckled a little.

When they got there they started to walk to the court room.

"Daily Prophet, ladies and gentlemen. Anybody for Daily Prophet? Dumbledore: Is he daft, or is he dangerous?" The paper man said.

"Morning, James, Lily." Bob said.

"Morning, Bob." James said.

Harry and Tracey looked up and saw the paper above them. Then looked in front of them and saw Kingsley.

Then he whispered something to James and Lilly.

"Merlin's beard. Thank you, Kingsley. They've changed the time of your hearing." James said.

"When is it?" Harry asked.

"In five minutes apparently." Lilysaid.

"Department of Mysteries." The elevator called out.

While they walked to the court room they saw Fudge talking to Lucius.

"And I'm confident, minister, that you will do the right thing." Lucius said.

"Yes, but we must be..." Fudge started until he saw them.

Then James moved Harry along.

"Remember, during the hearing, speak only when you're spoken to. Keep calm. You've done nothing wrong." James said.

"We're not allowed in, I'm afraid. Good luck, Harry." Lilysaid.

Then James, Lilyand Tracey sat down on the side and watched Harry.

Then they was a bang on the courter.

"Disciplinary hearing of the 12th of August... into offenses committed by Harry James Potter... resident at Potter Manor, London. Interrogators: Cornelius Oswald Fudge, Minister of Mag..." Fudge started but was interrupted.

"Witness for the defense. Albus Percival Wulfric... Brian Dumbledore." Dumbledore said.

"You got our message that the time and place of the hearing... had been changed, did you?" Fudge asked.

Harry and Tracey fought off the want to laugh.

'Yeah right!' Harry said.

'He's Chief Warlock after all.' Tracey said.

"I must have missed it. But by a happy mistake, I arrived at the Ministry three hours early. The charges?" Dumbledore asked.

"The charges against the accused are as follows: "That he did knowingly... and in full awareness of the illegality of his actions... produce a Patronus Charm." Do you deny producing said Patronus?" he said.

"No, but..." Harry said.

"And you were aware that you were forbidden to use magic outside school... while under the age of 17?" Fudge asked.

"Yes, I was, but..." Harry started.

"Witches and wizards of the Wizengamot..." Fudge started but was cut off by Harry.

"I was only doing it because of the Dementors."

"Dementors? In outside of Azkaban?" Madam Bones said.

"That's quite clever. Highly convenient."

"I'm not lying. There were two of them, and if I hadn't..." Harry said.

"Enough. I'm sorry to interrupt what I'm sure would have been a very well-rehearsed story... but since you can produce no witnesses of the event..."

"Pardon me, minister, but as it happens, we can." Dumbledore said.

"What? Who?" he asked.

"Tracey Potter." he said.

Everyone looked at her and she stood up and switched places with Harry.

"Please describe the attack. What did they look like?" Madam Bones asked.

"They were big and cloaked like any other one. Then everything went cold... as though all the happiness had gone from the world. Like any other time." Tracey said.

"Now, look here. Dementors don't just wander around without the ministry permission. The odds are astronomical."

"I don't think anyone would believe... the Dementors were there by coincidence, minister." Dumbledore said.

Then someone cleaned their thought and got everyone's attention.

"I'm sure I must have misunderstood you, professor. Dementors are, after all, under the control of the Ministry of Magic. And it's so silly of me, but it sounded for a moment as though... you were suggesting that the Ministry had ordered the attack on this boy." Mama Umbridge said.

"That would be disturbing indeed, Madam Undersecretary... which is why I'm sure the Ministry will be mounting a full-scale inquiry... into why the two Dementors were so very far from Azkaban... and why they mounted an attack without authorization. Of course, there is someone... who might be behind the attack." Dumbledore started and walked over to Fudge closer. "Cornelius, I implore you to see reason. The evidence that the Dark Lord has returned is incontrovertible."

"He is not back."

Dumbledore went back and started walking around again.

"In the matter of Harry Potter... the law clearly states... that magic may be used before outside school from students under the age of 17-threatening situations."

"Laws can be changed if necessary, Dumbledore." Fudge said.

"Clearly. Has it become practice to hold a full criminal trial... to deal with a simple matter of underage magic?"

"Those in favor of conviction?" Madam Bones said.

A few people raised their hand.

"Those in favor of clearing the accused of all charges?" she continued and raised her hand as did many other people.

Fudge looked back and counted.

"Cleared of all charges." he said.

"Professor." Harry said smiling.

But while he walked out of the room he ignored him.

Harry frowned but went back to his family.