Love, A Thing That Makes You Fly

Kihyun had indeed been a man on a mission, and the second mission had been accomplished fast enough. After they had finished working, Hyunwoo had not been able to resist asking the other if he could kiss him again, and he had nearly melted right there and then because damn he's so sweet. The perfect man, really, and Kihyun truly didn't know how he had lived 20 years of painful life without the older by his side, or with his lips. So, obviously, the answer had been yes. It pushed them to kiss almost all day, wrapped in each other's embrace and acting as if the world didn't actually exist around them. The only thing that truly mattered therefore was kissing the other, skin against skin, and looking each other in the eyes with so much emotion it was putting them to goo. Kihyun couldn't even remember the last time he did such a thing in his life; just slow, appreciative kissing. It felt really fucking good, though. Hyunwoo's mouth was so warm, like the clouds of heaven, and knew how to move just right to take all of the smaller boy's breath away. It was an addicting feeling, and seeing his partner from so close, beautiful hazel eyes directly looking at him...He was shivering only thinking about it.

Therefore, the kisses had not been rare after this. Every day, even during breakfast. He would come behind him, sometimes kiss his neck slowly, softly; a comforting motion that made Kihyun smile in his sleep-hazed state. Then, he would move to his face, and finally his lip. He would either then stay there, against him, arms wrapped around his head and breath fanning against his skin, or would kiss him and go away to do something else. The motion always turned Kihyun to goo, made him die a bit inside, but also, live. Ah, he had never felt so alive before. 

Sometimes, Hyunwoo would also just smell him. Not in a creepy way, no, just buried his face into the younger man's neck and told him how good he smelt. Like home, and something sweet like flowers. Kihyun took it pretty well, to be honest. Or there were these mornings, where he would randomly throw him some other compliments. Telling him how pretty he was being under the sun, how good he cooked, how cute he looked. This would make the artist so, so flustered, but also made him so happy. Nobody ever did that to him, and he felt as if Hyunwoo was straight out of a movie.

Sometimes, when they were getting tired of working, they would just kiss. Take their time with each other, just enjoying the other's skin. Of course, the physical contact that happened in the shower wasn't the only one, and they repeated it kind of often. It wasn't like they always did it, or acted out their way to do it; not at all. Instead, Kihyun and Hyunwoo simply let it happen. It could be after a cuddling session, bodies flush against each other and desire getting to them. It could be in the shower because, after everything that happened, the two boys took a habit to shower and bathe together often. There was just something incredibly relaxing about having someone cuddling with you in hot water, as you whisper sweet nothings into their ears. Even better when the someone was in you, making you feel all sort of things but, especially, loved.

Sometimes, it was them walking in the forest together. Kihyun had gotten used to it enough to not scream as soon as he heard a little crack. At first, it had amused Hyunwoo a lot, and his dongsaeng had felt like he needed to prove to him that he could do it. That he was able to not be afraid, be a strong man like his momma taught him. It kind of worked, or at least for the first few minutes. Not even 20 minutes in, Kihyun had heard a particularly weird sound that made him immediately jump on Hyunwoo. The man didn't lose a second before catching him and dying of laughter. He had been very embarrassed once he saw that the noise was indeed just a little squirrel living in the woods, and despite his refusal, Hyunwoo insisted on taking him like that all the way. So he did, and it was surprisingly nice to be transported like a princess. After that horrible incident, Kihyun had been better at controlling his fears, and Hyunwoo often held his hand while they walked. It soon became a habit, even when they were walking on the grass. Just enjoying the company of someone, holding his hand, and feeling your shoulders bump every once in a while.

It was a lot of little things like that or even looks that they shared. Meaningful, long, and full of unsaid things. The smiles, sweet and promising, that always turned the other's heart into a mess, but the best mess possible. The little sparks of electricity that coursed their bodies whenever they would bump each other, or the beating of their hearts in synchronicity when they hugged for long. It had been a lot of little things like that that led Hyunwoo and Kihyun to be sitting on the kitchen table one night. Their last one before they would go away, and there were so many things to be said. 

"Tomorrow we're leaving," had declared Hyunwoo when they were having dinner. The older man simply could not stop looking at Kihyun, the man who made him write again. He had notebooks full of little poems and writing about the man, and he didn't have such vivid inspiration since his high-school days. Kihyun really was a galaxy to him, one with many sides that all deserved to be explored. Hyunwoo wanted to know them all. 

"Yeah...We are." Kihyun could feel the other looking at him, and not that he was bothered by it, but it always served to make him a bit shy. Especially right now, when everything was so silent and intimate. Vulnerable. But truth be told, he didn't want to leave either. Working on the manga had been eye-opening to him in the last two weeks, kind of the project of his life and he didn't fully realize yet what was happening. He didn't want to leave Hyunwoo, who made him melt with a simple smile, or liked to play with his hair in the morning. Who cuddled him all night when they were sleeping together, and often kissed his forehead to tell him goodnight when he thought he was asleep. He didn't want to leave the man that had been his best model, one who offered him some of his best drawings. He was like a sculpture; Kihyun wanted to admire it every day. Having Hyunwoo by his side was therapeutic.

"I don't want to leave you." Maybe it was a hazard, but the both of them spoke at the same time, the same thing. It broke the ice, and they started laughing at the coincidence. Although, inside, they were both relieved that they thought the same thing. That the feeling was mutual, and therefore, maybe everything could be fixed.

"Kihyun...Look, I could go on the full declaration. But we're not in a k-drama or any weird fanfiction, so I'll keep it simple. But I think I love you."

Simple indeed, and very Hyunwoo-like. Most people were so scared of admitting their feelings, but the writer was not. At the moment, he was simply smiling softly, just feeling peaceful and comfortable with saying this. It was the truth, after all. Hyunwoo knew he never felt something like that for anyone before, it was a love that couldn't be compared. And yes, maybe it could go wrong, he knew it. But he wanted to try and knew they could work it out in some ways.

Just hearing this, knowing the full meaning behind those few words, it made Kihyun smile. Smile so big he could feel his cheeks hurt, but that didn't matter at the moment. Not when his heart was literally banging against his chest. He could hear Hyunwoo's too, and it made a beautiful melody in the echo of the kitchen.

"I know. You're staring at me way too long in the morning, you creep." 

Kihyun's tone was light, his smile was bright, and Hyunwoo just knew how in love he was at the moment. It sufficed to bring a big smile to his own face, amused by such a typical answer. That was what he loved in Kihyun; the way he was just himself, said what he thought, and could very well say light jokes like that. He couldn't even be ashamed by the fact he had been caught red-handed, now.

"Is that a way of saying me too?"

"It is." Seeing the extent of Hyunwoo's bright smile, Kihyun knew too, just how much he loved the older. He felt like a dumb teenager in love all over again, but he couldn't help it. He had never felt this way before, never so comfortable, and could easily imagine having children with that guy, with how laid-back and kind he was. It was exactly what he had always dreamt of finding in a man, and finally, he had it.

"So...You're mine?" Shownu had asked, hopefully.

"Have been since I stepped a foot here, I think."

And like that, it was settled. Everything was alright, and the world wasn't perfect, but Kihyun and Hyunwoo's one was. It was perfect to them, and they knew they could work it all out somehow. They both had nothing against it not lasting a lifetime, but they had a feeling this would be different. Like they would do a lot of roads together, and that was perfect. They were ready for whatever would come to them.

Thus, that same night, in the bed, Hyunwoo had joked about Kihyun not knowing where to go back. It wasn't false; he knew the city but knew he had to get away from Minhyuk. He needed to, for the both of them. Naturally, with all his kindness, Hyunwoo only proposed to his newly-friend-turned-boyfriend to drop by his house. After being together for only some hours, it felt risky; but what was there to lose when you met your boyfriend by entering a stranger's house in the woods? They could work it all out together, it wasn't like there was any pressure. They could take it slow, easy, just how they liked it.

"Thank you for being my muse." Hyunwoo had whispered before falling asleep, then kissed Kihyun's forehead affectionately. The action brought a smile to Kihyun's face.

"I should be the one saying that."