How To Be A Straight Man: Do Not Ask Kihyun, He Doesn't Know

It was crazy, how everything moved so fast but so sweet at the same time. Kihyun and Hyunwoo had both always had a hard time getting close to people, always afraid to trust or go forward to anyone. With each other, though, it was as if nothing mattered and everything felt so right. Everything was simple, clear, and they had a lot of fun hanging out together. It was comfortable, and Kihyun did not remember the last time he truly felt that way with anybody. Even with Minhyuk, there had been those times with painful awkwardness, something quickly resolved but that still happened. With Hyunwoo, it felt at home already, and Kihyun was glad. He drew a lot, found a lot of things about the older.

First, those (not so) annoying dad jokes. The first time he heard one of them, he was having breakfast with his friend, and nearly choked on his egg at that joke. Yet, he couldn't deny he may have found it a bit funny...Though he would never admit it out loud. No, absolutely impossible. He would rather die than admit his sense of humor was this cracked. 

There was the way he played with animals, too. Or just took care of them. Hyunwoo had always been a very attentive man, petting the cats for minutes and making sure birds had enough food outside. It always made Kihyun smile because the oldest really was cute. 

Or there had been this evening in the town's library, where Hyunwoo had had to pick up one book but it ended up rather badly, with them almost kicked out of the place for being "too loud". It wasn't Kihyun's type to be bothering, especially not in a library, but he could not help with Hyunwoo. Not when they were both too busy laughing and joking about whatever they were talking about.

Or just the way he sometimes stepped forward and cleaned Kihyun's chin with his fingers, and when he once liked them after. Kihyun couldn't recall a time he blushed this hard before. Maybe the time they slept together, his body squished against Shownu's warm one...Maybe this one time he blushed harder.

There was something so different from Minhyuk, completely different energy and Kihyun loved it. He did love Minhyuk, a lot even, but he had to admit the vibe Hyunwoo gave fit Kihyun more. Something so familiar yet unique, and maybe, maybe he was falling a bit for it.

Kihyun had also learned about Hyunwoo's step little brother, Changkyun. One that grew in America almost all his life, and a kid that had a lot of energy. It made him think about his own brother, Jooheon, and the artist thought the two would make a good pair-Especially if Changkyun indeed played bass. The two boys were already planning to make their two brothers meet once they got out of the town; Kihyun really, really wanted to see that.

It had only been two weeks since he was there, but he really loved Jeonju already. Loved the nights spent outside, on the hill, talking with his new roommate and sharing details about his childhood. He even talked to him about his break-up with Minhyuk, how they were just not made to be together. Hyunwoo had answered that it was indeed sad, but maybe for the better. Maybe he would find someone he fitted like a puzzle piece with, after, and Kihyun truly wanted to believe it. There was also something entrancing about the way Hyunwoo's skin shone under the moonlight. It would make a good portrait, he had thought.

However, this was the past, and now, Kihyun was a bit annoyed that he followed Hyunwoo in the forest another time. Of course, as it had rained heavily lately, the woods had been full of mud, and Kihyun and Hyunwoo had their fun in it. A bit like children, and when the younger man fell, his sidekick was there to catch him. However, that led the two men to be really dirty and in big need of an immediate shower or they'd dirty all the house; which neither of them wanted to happen, as they'd have to clean after.

But of course, of course, something had to happen. Of course, the water in Kihyun's bathroom wouldn't work and Hyunwoo would stand there, next to him, an annoyed look on his face. 

"Well...Uh...Looks like we'll have to shower together?"