The last day of my old life

The rain was streaming down the streets, covering the city with grief. It was a sad, rainy day, weeping in melancholy. Kihyun remembered, albeit bitterly, days on the station platform drawing passers-by. The sun once lit up the sky and happy faces, filled with joy at the idea of reuniting with loved ones. Or those full of ambition who felt animated by a sudden force and crazy dreams, which nevertheless seemed to them achievable. Kihyun was only happy to draw, to keep track of these strangers. It was on this day that, illuminating, a man left the last train. He was tall, blond, and smiled so sweetly that Kihyun's breath stopped. Their gazes met, and the smile he loved so much was then given to him. From this hand, he became the muse of the artist who finally felt animated by this force that he did not understand before. He made his most beautiful paintings, lived his most beautiful moments in the company of the one who became his lover. Love, although beautiful and magical, was falling apart day by day, slowly slipped away until its death. The sunny days of happiness turned stormy and cloudy. The illuminated smiles faded and the house was filled with tears and cries. Despite all this, Kihyun was still an artist; and like any artist, was a hopeless romantic. He hoped for a fairytale life that never came. Even on that dark day, he continued to hope that Minhyuk would come back for him, preventing him from taking the last train to a place he didn't even know the name of.

"I'm leaving," he had told Minhyuk the night before. The only thing he had in return was his own echo. Minhyuk was reading on the couch "Tomorrow."

The blonde did not even lift his head, as if he were completely immersed in this rumors magazine. If he was actually, well, their relationship was in the worst state that Kihyun thought. He wanted to scream at him, to beg him PLEASE SAY SOMETHING! DON'T GIVE UP SO EASILY!

But Minhyuk didn't seem to care. Kihyun purchased his ticket with a bitter taste in his mouth.

Kihyun didn't even know where he was going, to be honest. He didn't care, he just needed to go away; for himself and Minhyuk. He needed to draw again, to get up and become the person he was before. But how to forget that incredible feeling of being loved and happy? Kihyun almost didn't want to move on. Wanted to keep lying to himself that his relationship hadn't been dead for many months now. 

A loud sigh escaped his lips as he saw the train arrive. The rain was soaking his body, his only bag all wet now. Kihyun left with almost nothing, only what he really needed. 

When the train stopped and opened its doors, Kihyun entered it. There was almost no one and he took place next to the window. He was watching the rainfall on the window, little drops creating imaginary patterns. Kihyun had his fun tracing them, absorbed in his task until a deep voice resonated in his ears.

《May I sit here?》

The man was tall, very tall and muscled, yet had a defined face and the softest look the artists had ever seen on anyone. His hair was a shade of dark black which reminded him of a raven. His cheeks were also slightly rosy from the cold rain and Kihyun noted that he had been smart enough to bring an umbrella-unlike him. Even through his clothes, the way his body was shaped seemed to be sculpted by the gods themselves, so delicate yet rough and manly. And the way, god, the way his eyes held the softest and most comforting gaze he had ever seen. Kihyun already had an idea of what perfect shade of brown he could use to draw the stranger.

"May I?..."

At this moment, Kihyun snapped out of his thoughts and noticed he took way too long to answer. Cool, now he looked like a weirdo.