....7...

Third person point of view.

They both sat on the rooftop, looking at the night sky. Mingyu placed his hand on Jungkook's shoulder.

"Jungkook-a! I lost everything at a young age. I don't regret it now. But I feel angry sometimes. My anger is on my father. He thought of his brother, he didn't think of his child. But his brother ended up killing himself then. I have everything now, my business, my goal, my friends, my grandparents but sometimes I feel lost."

"It hurts. Isn't it?I couldn't deal if I were in your place. You did great, bud! I'm so proud of you."

"Do you know? I found my happiness in university?"

"What is that?"

"It's Min Jina."

Jungkook couldn't breathe after hearing this. Jungkook couldn't speak. Because he liked her. She was his weakness. And he was pretty sure Mingyu liked her too.

"Oh. I see."

"You just gave me this reaction? I thought you would tease me. She is your friend after all."

"Do you like her?" Jungkook's eyes were serious.

"Why are you giving me this look?"😯

"I'm just asking."

They both became silent. Then a call from Mingyu's phone broke the silence. The phone call came from the police station. Mingyu was informed that his father had a brain stroke. Arrangements were made to take his father to the hospital at that moment. Mingyu and Jungkook both rushed to the hospital. Mingyu informed his grandparents by phone. But as soon as he reached the hospital. His father's death was confirmed.

The most surprising thing was that Mingyu did not cry, did not say anything but he was silent

The most surprising thing was that Mingyu did not cry, did not say anything but he was silent. He wanted his father to be free from this curse. Jungkook held his hand. Mingyu's grandparents came. Arrangements were made to take the body. Jungkook called Jeon Wonwoo, told his brother about Mingyu's father's sudden death. Wonwoo immediately called Jina.

Some days later.

Jina's point of view

My heart was breaking every moment I saw Mingyu. He had struggled with himself for so many years, he had lost his mother, he had lost his father, he was alone. He never let us understand. I started liking him. I always think of him. But I know that he treats me as his best friend, not more than that. That hurts me. I wanted to share my thoughts with someone. I decided to tell Jungkook. I called him on the weekend to pick me up in front of the house.We went and sat on the shore of my favorite lake, last time I came here with Mingyu. Today I came with Jungkook. Jungkook looked at me and asked with his curious eyes,

"Did something happen?"

"If you like someone, and he treats you like a best friend, what should you do?"