Fifteen//The Hunt

After Klaus had calmed down he and Luna cuddled up together on the couch

After Klaus had calmed down he and Luna cuddled up together on the couch. Luna awoke before Klaus she sat on the floor her back touching the armrest area of the couch with her hands wrapped around let legs. About an hour later Klaus woke up letting out a yawn while stretching. "How long have you been awake?" He asked. "Not long." She shrugged. Klaus got down to the floor pulling Luna close to him. "Little moon, are you alright? I know Kol was like a brother to you." Luna couldn't help but glance at Kol's burnt corpse. She let out a little scoff before setting her head on Nik's shoulder. "He was your brother." Once they heard the door open they pulled apart quickly while Klaus stood up both their faces looking emotionless.

"Morning, sunshine. You look pathetic." Tyler Lockwood teased leaning against the door frame. "Only until Bonnie's spell locking me in here wears off. Then I'll look different. Angrier, perhaps. Or I won't look like anything 'cause I'll have gouged out your eyeballs from their sockets. Or maybe I'll have Luna plan your death, just as she did your mother." Tyler chuckled. "Look at her. She's not doing anything." Luna let in a deep breath rolling her eyes. She moved to of her fingers towards Tyler within a second he was on the floor breaking every last bone while screaming in agony. "I thought you breaking the sire bond and turning a 100 times would've made you gone numb to breaking your bones...guess not." She relieved him of his pain stopping her magic. Tyler slowly caught his breath.

"My friend will be back with the cure by then. So, I can shove it down your throat and make you mortal." Tyler sad as if nothing happened. "I'm an Original. What makes you think my entire Vampire bloodline won't be cured along with me? I.E., You." Klaus taunted. "You know what I think? I think that's impossible. I think the moment you stop being a vampire our whole bloodline connection to you is broken and your sire line ceases to exist. So, whatever happens to you happens to only you. Which means I can kill your ass and no one else has to die. Although I am still debating just how to do it." "I recommend drowning. There's nothing quite like the feeling of someone fighting for something as basic as human breath. And let me tell you your mother was a fighter." Tyler stormed out of the house.

•••

As the Scooby gang and Rebekah hiked up a hill Elena broke the silence. "Is anyone else a little creeped out?" She sighed. "So, then leave. Out of everyone, your presence is the least necessary." Rebekah told her. "Please don't start." Stefan pleaded. "I'm merely stating the facts. Jeremy has the spell on his body. Bonnie's the witch that unseals the cure. Shane is the human compass. You and I have the tombstone which does God knows what. And Elena had no point." "What about me?" Damon asked. "You have a nice behind." Damon shrugged agreeing with her.

While finding a place to camp out Elena and Jeremy were attacked. And Elena asked Damon what he's do with the cure. Causing a fight to break out amongst the group.

•••

"You're still here? What are you doing?" Caroline asked walking into the Gilbert house. "Gloating." Tyler shrugged. "Hello, Caroline," Luna called from the living room. She rolled her eyes walking up towards Tyler. "Come home. Don't stoop to his level." She begged. "He destroyed my life. I plan on being present for every second of his misery until I can kill him myself." He toasted taking a sip of his drink. "Fine. You can gloat and multitask. This place is a disaster. Starting with a horrifically burnt corpse." Caroline grabbed a blanket tossing it over Kol's body a Klaus looked at it till the very last second. Luna took his hand and squeezed it for support.

"Tyler's mother is dead. So is my brother. We're even. Call Bonnie..and get her to let me out of here." Nik bargained. "I will never, ever, help you." Caroling sneered. "How quickly you forget the part where I saved Tyler from the misery of being a werewolf. Of the night your mother invited me into her home to save the life of her precious daughter." "Mmm, I'd love to drown her." Luna bit her lip thinking about the headlines. 'Mystic Fall Sheriff Forbes dies the same painful death as Mayor.' "How delusional are you? You killed his mother. And let' not forget that we're standing in a house where Elena's aunt Jenne used to live." Caroling began moving closer as a grin grew on Luna's face knowing exactly what Klaus was planning on.

"Or did you think that your charm would make us forget how you killed her, too? You- you...You know what? No. I am not going to engage in this. I...you are not even worth the calories I burn talking to you." She scolded. "Funny thing about calories... you're about to burn a lot of them." Luna smiled. Before Caroline or Tyler could comprehend what she was saying Klaus grabbed a lamp piercing it through Caroline's stomach and pulling her in, quickly biting her. "No!" Tyler shouted. Caroline's limp body fell to the floor. Luna and Klaus looked at each other Luna wiping the blood off Nik's chin and tasting it as Lust covered his eyes. "She's sweet." Luna shrugged walking over to Caroline's body. "Now, that was definitely worth the Calories." He grinned.

"Sorry, Carebear." Luna whispered taking her hand and quietly chanting. When Luna let go of her hand there was a mark on Caroline's hand the shape of an 'X' It was a curse witches used to make people go mad and suffer, with her hybrid bite it would be 10 times more painful. Not too long later Caroline woke up. "Oh, my god. Oh, my god. Oh, my god. Oh, my god. Oh, my god. Oh, my god." She repeated over and over. "Hey. Hey. Look at me. Look at me." Tyler demanded. "I can fix this." He assured her. "How? The only thing that can heal me is his blood. Oh, my god. Oh, my god." She panicked. "I know. I'll fix it." Caroline nodded. Tyler stood up finally facing Klaus. "She'll die if you don't heal her." "Okay." Klaus bit into his wrist. "Beg me to save her life." Tyler sighed throwing his hands in the air. "Is this what you want? To remind me that I'm powerless against you? Fine. You win. I'm nothing. Now, save her. Please." He begged. "I'm sorry, mate. I didn't quite catch that." He teased. "Please." He pressed. "Please..."

"Please, save her life." He ordered. "See, now I think you're just telling me what I want to hear. I mean, you did call me pathetic earlier. And wouldn't it be more pathetic of me to help now knowing that hours ago you announced your plan to kill me in a manner of which you're still debating because you want it to have a certain amount of flair? I'm just asking." Tyler stood silent as his lip quivered. "I'll be your slave again. I'll do whatever you want. Just help her." Luna stopped what she was doing. "Are you Clueless? Your girl over there will start to hallucinate. Her breath will go short, then she'll start to go mad. Killing everyone she's spotted. The pain will spread to her heart and it'll be 10 times more painful than any other bite. No. I mean...you might as well just kill her now."

"Get me out of here," Caroline said emotionless. "I can't even look at them." Tyler helped her up walking her out of the house. "Serves her right," Klaus said throwing himself onto the couch. "Have you heard from Katherine?" Luna asked. Klaus had secretly contacted Katherine and traded her freedom only if she retrieved the cure and gave it to Rebekah who would go get it herself. "Not a peep." It had been no less than 5 minutes and Tyler had come in setting Caroline on the floor. "You wanna be in control, Klaus? Here. Now you get to be in control of her life. If you want her to die, fine. But then you can sit here and watch her die yourself." Tyler stormed out.

"Nothing personal, love. But if I cure you, that means victory for him. Don't worry. It won't be long now." Caroline's breath became shaky.