Nine//Epic Love

Klaus had asked Luna to accompany him on a trip to Chicago, not wanting to go alone though he didn't admit that to her

Klaus had asked Luna to accompany him on a trip to Chicago, not wanting to go alone though he didn't admit that to her. Halfway on the road, Klaus got a call from Carol Lockwood saying he had been attacked by the hunter. Instead of driving Klaus had compelled a jet to take them back to Mystic Falls since it would be quicker. They booked a hotel to wash off and wait till their flight. Luna took a quick shower. About 30 minutes she finally got out wishing she could stay in longer. She walked out of the bathroom seeing Klaus sitting on the bed sketching one of his drawings. "You and you're paintings." She smiled. Klaus grinned seeing the towel wrapped around her perfect figure. "Oh come on, you used to be one of the best painters I've ever seen, what happened?" He asked.

She opened the suitcase pulling out clothes. "My drawings were a way for me to escape...after I fled I no longer needed them. Because I finally had escaped. In other words, they were just a hobby I wasn't as passionate as you." Klaus nodded showing he understood somewhere Luna was coming from "So now? What do you like to keep your head in books?" Luna scoffed "You know nothing about me." She rolled her eyes playfully. "So tell me." Klaus said sincerely looking up from his sketch. "I prefer to travel." She sighed.  "Seems we do have stuff in common."

"Well, aren't you going to turn around?" Luna asked. "Nothing I've ever seen." Klaus shrugged. "Yes, well we wouldn't want you peaking now would we?" Luna closed the door behind her. Once she had finally got herself together she exited the bathroom Klaus eyes darting onto her body paying attention to every last detail. She wore a black tank top tucked into her jeans with a black and grey flannel shirt used a cardigan. The sleeve not covering her entire shoulder revealed a few words from her tattoo. She plopped herself onto the bed her head on the footboard as her feet swayed back and forth. Klaus had fallen madly in love with this woman and it was so hard to say goodbye to her... his coming to Mystic falls felt like a second chance at happiness. His eyes widened realizing he admitted to himself he loved her.

They both sat there for about an hour before Klaus quickly got up and stormed out of the room. Luna sighed heavily looking away from her phone and at the door that had slammed shut. "Men." She shrugged before standing to go find Klaus. He stood in the hallway his hands on either side of him on the railing that overlooked down to the lobby. "Nik, are you alright?" Luna asked confused. "I'm fine. Go back inside I'll be right there." She chuckled. "I can still tell when you're lying. What's wrong?" Klaus refused to look at Luna keeping his face looking straight ahead.

"Nothing's wrong." Klaus's voice sounded empty. As if he wasn't there. "I'm asking you again, what is wrong-" Luna was cut off by Klaus' lips smashing up against hers. Something in Luna's heart changed. Klaus's phone buzzed from his back pocket. "The plane is ready." He said walking away leaving Luna standing alone in utter shock.

•••
As Luna sat down on the plane she couldn't stop replaying the kiss in her head. Klaus hadn't said anything and neither had Luna. She snapped herself out of her thoughts downing the glass of whiskey. "What was that?" Luna asked turning herself to face Klaus.