Chapter 23

(20 February)

(20 February)

8:36 pm

You let out a sigh staring at the view infront of you while sitting on the bench. You had came to your usual place to distract your mind from your thoughts but that didn't seemed to be working.

As you were home after leaving the Café, you started to study as your exams were coming up. However, you couldn't as you felt unmotivated which led you to have several thoughts in mind and they didn't help but demotivated even more.

Wanted to take a walk, you ended up here and at that moment, you got a call from Baekhyun. You tried to sound as fine as you could but as if you were too transparent to him and he instantly understood something was wrong.

Lost in your thoughts, you didn't even hear footsteps from behind until a figure appeared infront of you making you startle. Your eyes looked up only to be locked with familiar soft brown orbs staring at you concern yet warmly.

You stayed still, with his eyes boring into yours making you melt and your heart to welled up. You felt a lump in your throat and instantly gulped before looking down.

You sighed licking your lips and looked up. "I know this is sudden...but...can I hug you?"

His palm went to your cheek caressing it with his thumb as he gave you a soft smile. "You don't have to ask."

You nodded before wrapping your arms around his waist with your face in his stomach and his hand stroking your hair softly making your eyes close and tears streamed down your cheeks.

That was it. You needed a hug. His hug. His warmth. Him. Your favorite person and now your safe place.

Minutes of you weeping and sniffing, you both were sitting beside eachother with Baekhyun's arm draped behind you on the bench with his hand caressing gently on your shoulder.

Baekhyun took a glance at you as you sniffed wiping your remaining tears with your hoodie sleeves. He couldn't help but smile at your red nose and cheeks finding it adorable.

"Feeling better?"

You nodded as you actually felt light after letting it all out.

"Wanna share it?" He asked cautiously and you nodded before taking a deep breath.

"I.. I feel weird. I feel so unmotivated, I have so many assignments to do and exams coming up but I can't bring myself to study and that just left me stressed. What if I fail?"

You felt his hand rubbing your arm as he instantly pulled you close. "Hey, Hey, it's okay. We all have those days, sometimes we get tired and just need a break. So, don't let your thoughts take over your peaceful mind, you are strong enough to pass those days."