61

───

───

THE GROUP WAS NOW UNDERGROUND AFTER finding himari's peacock stuck in a hole that apparently had a pathway built deeper into the ground.

     "you silly peafowl. how did you even fall in here?", himari sighed, to which the peacock had simply ruffled its feathers, turning its head, as himari just clicked her tongue.

"fine. guess we'll just explore without you then", the woman mumbled, heading deeper into the tunnel, as the group followed behind her.

they swiftly climbed down some rough stairs, as they arrived in a room with filthy tiled floors.

in front of them was the sculpted head of a white tiger, spouting out water into the rusted silver bowl in front of it.

with four stilts at each corner, there were also a few other statues of tigers positioned around the room.

     "uhhh...father never told me he had a secret lab", himari commented.

     "I don't think it's hotaru-san's", getō stated.

     "mm...m-maybe we should leave. this place looks kind of dangerous", rumi suggested.

     "nahhhh!! what could possible go wron—"

     immediately, a stone door had shut behind them, trapping them in the room. though luckily, sukuna could use fire, as the man's palms had immediately lit up with flames.

     "h-himari!! what should we do?! what if no one finds us down her—"

"shhhh, it's okay rumi. I'm sure those four can like bust through the door or something", himari assured, ushering for tōji and gojō to break through the stone wall.

it did not work.

"holy shit, umm...who even built this?! LIKE, MISS GIRL?!?!"

"sukuna, could you bring the fire over here please? there's some words carved onto the other door", getō observed, squinting his eyes.

     "hah?! I don't take orders from—"

     "ryō, come 'ere!!", himari demanded, to which the demon king had clicked his tongue, trudging over towards the duo, as rumi nearly slipped from the water that had started seeping out from the tiles, if it weren't for itadori catching her.