28. Judgement

"You're all here. My dear swordsmen."

    Everyone watched as Oyakata-sama took every step closer to the sunlight with his children holding his hands. He took a second to gaze at the light that could not shine through his eyes. "Good morning, everyone. Today's weather is great. The sky is blue isn't it?" He asked, taking a moment to scan the crowd with what little sight was left and greeting, "All the familiar faces are here. Welcome to the semi-annual Pillar meeting. I'm relieved."

    Nezuko couldn't help but stare at Oyakata-sama. 'Is that an injury? No, maybe he's sick. Is he Oyakata-sama-' Her thoughts were interrupted by a sudden flurry of movement. Before she knew it, she was laying stomach down with her head to the ground and someone was keeping it there.

    'Shinazugawa-san? He's so swift, I couldn't do anything.' Nezuko squirmed against her position until she opened her eyes to the rest of her surroundings. Nezuko was astonished to see these ego-ful Pillars kneel with such respect for Oyakata-sama. Indeed, all 9 of them, solemnly knelt with their entire will

    "It is great to see you in good health, Oyakata-sama. I sincerely wish you good fortune and may all your wishes be fulfilled." Oyakata-sama smiled.

    "Thank you Sanemi." He responded as the Wind Pillar continued to talk.

    "Forgive my bluntness." ('Forgive?!' thought Nezuko) "Before we continue the Pillar meeting, regarding the demon hunter, Kamado Nezuko, bringing a demon with her, may I seek clarification?"

To Nezuko it was astonishing how quick Sanemi had changed. All it took was for Oyakata-sama to show up and he was not acting like a maniac? She couldn't understand it at all. 'This guy clearly lacks any form of rationality and intellect, but he can actually speak this clearly?' She thought. 'Where did this come from?'

Oyakata-sama looked out at the gardens sprawled out before him. "You're right. Sorry for surprising everyone." He said, but the surprises weren't done yet. "The matter regarding Nezuko and Tanjiro has my approval."

Everyone gazed at Oyakata-sama wide-eyed and jaws dropped. 'Really?! Is this a joke?!' Was probably what everyone was thinking, but Oyakata-sama was barely one to joke at all. To be light-hearted, yes, but a prank was completely out of the question. Himejima spoke for everyone when he rubbed his prayer beads together saying, "Even though it's a request from Oyakata-sama, I still have trouble understanding and accepting it." It was the que for some other Pillars to speak up now that someone had.

"I also oppose it flamboyantly." Said Tengen. "I can't accept a demon slayer bringing a demon along."

"I'll obey all the requests of Oyakata-sama." Mitsuri proclaimed, making Nezuko think a silent thanks to her. And on the other hand Tokito was aloof to it all, sure that he'd forget it soon. He was only here because Oyakata-sama had called.

"They can't be trusted. I really hate demons." Obanai added and then Rengoku next.

"Although I respect Oyakata-sama from the bottom of my heart, I can't understand what you're thinking. I fully oppose it!"

But Shinobu and Tomioka kept their eyes lowered to the ground, not saying a word. It put a nudge in her guts that stuck out like a sore thumb. 'I wish I didn't get Tomioka-san involved in this. He doesn't deserve this. I wouldn't have been here without him. And what does Shinobu-san think? She seemed really mad earlier.' Thought Nezuko.

And lastly Sanemi. Nezuko didn't expect much from him and he did not disappoint. "Carrying out the task of slaying demons defines the Demon Slayer Corps. Please severely punish Tomioka and the other 2 offenders."

Oyakata-sama nodded, listening to everyone speak their minds. "Take out the letter." He ordered, and his daughter took out a neatly folded paper from her kimono.