The Definetely-almost-superly-end-of-the-month

January 31, 2015 (in the story)

Firey's POV:
Grr. I wish I didn't have so much math homework. It was pretty easy, but still, anyone would freak out with 14 pages of mathematical equations like P.E.D.M.A.S. But I started to feel better as I flipped to finish up the last page. I zipped quickly through the first 5 equations. -Phew- I thought to myself, -only 3 left.- Just as I got started on my second-to-last equation, my cellphone rang. I got up and stared at the screen. "Leafy" it said on the call screen and a picture of her and I standing in the hallway outside music class. I picked up my phone and answered it.

Leafy's POV:
I took a deep breath as I awaited Firey to pick up his cellphone. "Hello?" said a voice. "Hey Firey!" I cheerfully called out to him over my cell. "Hi Leafy," he answered. I smiled. Firey and I had been good friends since the start of our 8th grade semester, when I moved to Alttru, and near Seasonal Heights Middle. (It's called that because in Alttru the weather is always either too cold or too hot!) We were good friends, but not necessarily the best of friends. We didn't share all of our secrets (we shared one or two) and didn't always come to each other when we were bored. (As we had other friends.) We were closer than friends but not as close as best friends. "Hello!!" Firey practically yelled. "Leafy? You there?" I snapped back to attention. "Huh? I mean, uh, yes, I'm here." My face turned red as Santa's Suit! (Lol, what, it's winter season , right?) "Ok, good. So what's up?" Firey asked me. I was still blushing. I couldn't believe I had drifted off in the middle of a phone call to my good friend! I felt blessed he couldn't see my face right now. I shook the feeling off quickly. "Just wanted to say hi. Oh, and did you finish the math?" I asked. "Yeah, only got to finish up the last few equations and all. And I'm excited for the start of the new month!"he exclaimed. I laughed. Firey is always excited for the starts of next month. 'It's a new beginning,' he'd always say. "Well, let's wrap this up, it's getting late. Good night, and see you tomorrow!" I told Firey. "Ok, see you." he replied and hung up.

Firey's POV:
I hung up and put down my phone. I was slightly confused of why Leafy wouldn't answer me near the start of our convo. -Maybe she started thinking of something and drifted off,- I wondered to myself. After all, it does happen to everyone. Anyway, I put down my cellphone and sat in bed. I stared out my bedroom window. I opened it a little and felt the cool night's breeze on my face. I was about to close the window when I heard two people talking and laughing outside- a girl and a guy that looked maybe a year older than Leafy and I, they looked tall. They were walking down the sidewalk, and the girl started laughing about something the guy said; obviously he told her a joke. Then the guy stopped her about halfway and said, "Look, Pencil, I have something to tell you." Wait, Pencil? I squinted my eyes to try and get a better image of the two down there. To my surprise, it was Pen and Pencil! They were in our homeroom class too. I always thought they might look cute as a couple. "Yes, Pen?" Pencil asked. "We've been friends for a while, and I wanted to tell you that I- that I- like you." muttered Pen. "Yeah, I know, we're, like, best friends." said Pencil. "No, I mean yeah, we are good friends, but I like you a lot. I mean that I- I've fell in love with your beautiful smile and pretty eyes. And not just that. Your personality is the most colourful and beautiful I have ever seen. It makes me not want to go any further. I just can't look away. It drew me in and now I can't escape it. I'm in love with you. That's all." Pen sounded like he spilled out all of his feelings for her in a messy way, but nobody would've cared how he said it. He just did it. Pencil just stared at him for a few seconds with a blank look on her face. Pen looked like that hurt him deep down inside. "I'm sorry Pencil, I mean, I can just go away now if you want or if y-mmmphh!!" Pencil grabbed Pen and kissed him. They stayed like that for about 8 seconds, and Pencil moved off of him. "I love you too, Pen." They both blushed, and walked off hand-in-hand. I finally closed the window, surprised at what I had just seen. It made me think of Leafy. Wait, what? Leafy? Why would I think of her? Ok, let me back track. So I saw Pen and Pencil... and Pen admitted his feelings... of love...to Pencil. And that makes me think of Leafy. So, therefore.... I'm in love with Leafy? Wow. I just realized I'm in love with Leafy. Not just because of Pen and Pencil, but because now I realize she's the nicest girl I've ever met. She's there for me and everything. Well, pretty much. I'm in love with Leafy! And all this time without knowing. I decided that tomorrow, February 1st, I would start a new beginning with the start of the new month that I -gulp- love her. I pulled the covers over myself and smiled. I was so excited for tomorrow!!!