14. new years eve

MADE FOR EACH OTHER
( chapter fourteen. )

December 31, 1976 - Age sixteen

For the next few days after Christmas, the Charleston's had been preparing their manor to host their New Year's Eve party.  Mickey had been working diligently along with Seraphina and Matthius who were very proud of their work.  They already had a ballroom but it's rarely used so it needed to be cleaned, tables needed to be set up and decorations needed to be put up.  They did this for five days, cleaning for two days, setting up tables for one, decorations for another two since Claudia and Regulus ended up having a confetti fight resolving in more cleaning.  And finally, the day of the ball came, Mickey had some of her friends from the Hogwarts kitchens (Lainey, Twinkle and a couple of others) to help cook food and set it up in the ballroom while the family got ready for that night's events. 

"Claudia! Marlene and Alice are here!"

"Send them up!"

"Hey bitch," Marlene said walking in a bag in hand. 

"Hi, Clauds,"

"Sit down we have so much to talk about!"

"What happened your letters were quite vague,"

"Because I wanted to see your live reactions,"

"Well tell us already,"

"Girls, meet Leo," She said taking her puppy from his little bed. 

"YOU GOT YOUR PUPPY!"

"I GOT MY PUPPY! AND HE GET'S TO COME TO HOGWARTS WITH US!"

"YAY!" Alice squealed excitedly. 

"How'd you convince your parents to get you a dog?"

"My parents didn't get me, Leo," She said grinning madly. 

"Then who did?"

"James did,"

"HE WHAT?!"

"He got me, Leo,"

"The dog?"

"Yes, James got me Leo, my dog,"

"HOLY SHIT JIA IS COMING TOGETHER BITCHES!"

"SHHHHH! My parents don't know anything about me and James," She hissed. 

"He got you a dog? That's so sweet," Alice said smiling excitedly.  "Can I hold him?"

"Of course,"

"Oh isn't he precious," She cooed. 

"Yeah I know he's adorable,"

"What else happened?"

"Regulus ran away,"

"Thank Godric,"