Chapter 22

PAVLO

I woke up in an empty bed and the smell of coffee Elinika filled my nostrils.  The latter made up for the former.  Almost.  I rolled over and stared at the ivory ceiling.  Should I go out and seek for my lovely wife or wait for her to bring me my cup of coffee?  I keep my eye on the ceiling praying that my wife appear before holding my cup.  But there was no George nor my cup of Coffee Elinika appeared.  I got up, got my pants.  I hastily wore them.  I tried to look for my shirt but it wasn’t on the floor.

I gave out a sigh.  There was nothing like a night of incredible sex to make the world seem like a better place.  I feel like a fool smiling at myself.  The thought of last night sent a tingle of interest to body parts that shouldby rights, be too damned tired to be interested in anything.  I stood up and headed for the door.   I am sure my half naked body won’t shock my new wife. 

I saw her standing in the kitchen, busy preparing breakfast.  Alam kong nagluluto siya and in fact nagluto na siya para sa amin.  But seeing her immaculate image in the kitchen wearing my missing shirt, is a wonderful sight to see.  It is even more beautiful than the orchard in Agapi Nisi.  The sight of her sexy legs made my mouth dry.  Caffeine deprivation and pancakes took an immediate back seat to another kind of hunger.

“Ehem.” Bigla siyang napatingin sa akin.

“Hi,” bati niya sa akin.  Nakita kong kumuha siya ng tasa at naglagay ng kape.

“Is that for me?”

“Uh-huh.  Nagluto rin ako ng pancakes, pinakielaman ko ang pancake box na nasa cupboard pati na rin ang mga itlog.  Nagprito rin ako ng itlog para agahan natin.  P-Pero hindi ko alam kung gusto mo ba ng scrambled or sunny side-up.  Okay lang bang magluto dito?”  Her hair was pulled back, looked fresh without make-up.  Two buttons of the shirt were undone, exposing a sight of her flawless skin, the hollow at the base of her throat and, when she turned to reach for a cup for him, the inner curve of one breast. There was an innocent sensuality about it that me as hard and aching as if we hadn't already tangled the sheets together three times last night.

“Tinawag mo sana si Anna or si Helen para magluto ng agahan.  Or sana ginising mo ako.”

“Ayaw mo bang niluto ko?  Gusto mo ba ng sunny side-up?  Sabi sa akin ni tita Imee, perfect daw ang pagluluto ko ng itlog.”

I walked slowly at her side, took the cup on the table with my eyes on the shirt she is wearing.  I was trying to have a glimpse of her breast from the thin fabric of my shirt.  I knew she wasn’t wearing a bra.  Is she wearing any panties too?  The thought of her naked under my shirt is distracting.

“Nilagyan ko na pala yan ng asukal.  Alam kong hindi mo gusto ng cream.  Tikman mo kung okay ang timpla ko.”  Tinikman ko ang ginawa niyang kape para sa akin.  Ang tamis!  Pero alam kong masasaktan siya kapag niluwa ko kaya pinilit kong lunukin.

“Okay ba ang lasa?”

It is fine,” I lied.  And she rewarded me with one of her brightest smiles.  It proves that the truth might set you free, but lying sometimes had its own rewards.  I bravely took another swallow and then set the cup on the counter.