Chapter 12

She groans, opening her eyes. She knows very well this very ceiling and this very clean smell. She's alive and in the hospital. She tried to get up but her wrists have no strength which results in her falling backwards to the bed again. Her hand shakes greatly, sharp pain pounding her hands.

She look around, it's the ER. She look at both her wrist, bandaged firmly. She still felt weak. She saw saw the bag of blood that's hanging, it's almost empty. This must be what keeping her alive. How did she get here, she pondered. She couldn't think straight and she still feel exhausted. She doesn't want to know. She doesn't want to move. She doesn't want to do anything. Her mind was corroded with the thought of dying. But for now, she felt exhausted and closed her eyes, fell into the abyss of exhaustion.

--------------------

He had his thoughts sorted out and came back in. However nurses was panicking about what to do with the patient and call for the doctor. Dazai look over at what's with the commotion ad that's where she lies and rest. He felt his mouth dried out and his throat swallowing imaginary dry sand. He sweats cold and his fear came true.

Y/n was screaming, hitting things that made her bandage soaked in red, and trembles during her unconscious state. Her tears and condition saddened him and felt despaired. What might have made her to act like this, even in her sleep? Her cuts opened up and leaking fresh blood while her limbs was slowly turning red from the impact she created. She was held down by the nurses until the doctor put her in deep sleep. She stopped moving and was docile. He hurried and went to her, in pain from the injury that increase. He talked to the doctor and finally she got her own room, paid by him. Is just a small charity to him, anything for his princess.

He breathe in, and out. Steady his breathing. He felt sadness surging in. He softly pat her head, caressing her lovingly.

"Pain pain fly away. Don't be sad. Quickly wake up, I'm here waiting for you, always."

And he dozed off on the side of her bed.

--------------------

How long has she been asleep? How long has she see the scene that repeated before her eyes? How long, no, how many times more, must the dead haunt her even in her dreams? How much longer must she endure the torture that was chained onto her?

In the black abyss she never felt any more miserable and desperate. She wanted everything to stop, she screamed, cried and begged but nothing and no one heard her pleas. She had seen this scene multiple times and never did she get tired from the pain. The pain was fresh everytime, not a single one dull. A pain she would never get used to.

She had lost count of her dream showing her the same thing, the same pain and the same guilt. She was anxious but finally she was awaken. She was drenched in sweat and sit up from the nightmare. Her hand tried to grasped her ringing head. She tried to move her left hand but something was holding it down but also something warm and she had no strength to resist. She saw belts by the bed tying her hand and feet. She look to the side and there he was, the brunette, sleeping by the bed, holding one of her tied hands.

She wanted to take these restraints off but she couldn't do anything. However soon after her twitching fingers, the brunette woken up from his rest. He looked up and felt a relief. He looked at her with longing eyes, slowly take off the restraint and soon embrace her in his arms.

"I'm glad... I'm glad you're alive."

The female was dumbfounded.

'Glad that.. I'm... Alive?'

"What.. do you mean..?

"Look, I... I was afraid," he paused, his voice was shaking, and he cleared his throat. He buried his face on her shoulder, making his expression mot visible to her.

Unknowingly, his grip around her tightened.

"I was afraid that you would never wake up. I.. came back and I saw you in the bathroom. I felt as it I was cut by a knife and was stabbed over and over again. I can't breathe and I felt great fear. This was the first time I'm.. afraid of death."

The female was unsure what to do and surprised. The male, who embrace her, conveyed his fear of losing her. It's her first time, hearing that. She slowly pat his back. All her negative thoughts vanished on that moment. She thought maybe she was allowed to forget about everything now.

"And," the male continued,

"Please don't die. I don't think I could live without you."

"Even though you were the one invited me to double suicide with you?" She chuckles. She felt blessed to have someone worried about her.

He let her go and held the side of her arms.

"I'm not joking. I was really afraid."

He said as his eyes was serious.

She apologized and looked down, reflecting on her guilt. He softly caress her cheeks, making her facing him.

"Don't apologize. Say thank you. A sad expression doesn't suit you. Smile. You look best when you smile. I love you" He said softly.

Tears rolled down her face, she smiled the biggest smile she could,

"Thank you... For worrying about me."

He pats her head,

"Good girl. Why are you crying?"

"It's my first time, I... I'm sorry, I still.. don't know if I like you..."

He leans closer and she closed her eyes. Something warm and soft touched her forehead.

"Do you hate it?"

She shook her head.

He continued, kissing her eyelid, wipe away her tears. He backed off a little and take a look at her. Her teary face looks beautiful to him. He wiped her tears dry. He leaned in and peck her lips. She didn't resist, making him to progress even further. He licked her lips slightly, signaling for her to part her lips. She stayed firm, not knowing what to do while feeling tingled all over her body.

His hand went and explore her body, making her gasped. Taking the chance, he deepens the kiss. The atmosphere was getting hot and the two began their make out session, kissing each other hungrily.