#24 Influence and Burning Flames

My breath was pacing and heavy. The air fresh and the forbidden forest dark and scary in front of our feet as Neville and I came to a hold on the end of the bridge.

Right as we finished the preparations, a group of death eaters had emerged out of the shadows, ran towards us in the attempt to end our life and enter the castle. But as a few of them crossed the protective charm laying over the school, they bursted into a billion pieces, so they stopped in their tracks right where the line started.

It was a specific one of them who caught my eyes, someone who haunted my dreams like a trace of torture. Scabior's eyes never left my figure since he stood at the very front of his army. His lips back up to a smirk, on the stumps Draco left on the man two shimmery, metallic looking hands. He could hold his wand secure again.

"Hello, beautiful.", I snickered anyways, because I felt kinda triumphal with the plan we had in mind. "Remember me?"

"Oh, beautiful, now you're still laughing.", Scabior smirked at me. "But wait until I can reach you again. And be aware that I will make sure you'll survive. That I will make you pay for what your little boyfriend did to me and this time he will not be around to keep me from taking what I want."

A shutter crawled down my spine with the memory and the torturing thought of what would happen, if our plan wouldn't work out.

"Oh yeah?", Neville called out with doing a step in front of me protective. "You and whose army?"

But right as I started to calm back down a bit, a loud, dull sound surrounded us. My eyes wandered up towards the blue dome, focusing on the cracks and fissures which started to cover up the whole length of the protection.

They are coming.

Right that second a stabbing pain shot through my left underarm, the snake of the dark mark started to move. A firework of spells crashed against the barrier. It was a matter of time until it would fall down.

"Tiara, you're okay?", Neville asked nervously as I crumbled a bit with a tight grip around my arm. He did a step back as Scabior took his wand to play with a piece of the shield coming slowly but surely down to our feet.

"Yes.", I breathed out and tried to ignore the pain. He was calling me with the mark, he was near by.

I watched Scabior doing one careful step over the line where the shield started, his smirking face satisfied as nothing happened. His eyes pinned on me as we both realized that it was safe to cross. Neville already grabbed my arm and did two hesitated steps backwards right as a loud roaring sound came from the crowd which started to run towards us.

I ran for my life. I knew I wasn't the fastest runner, I never was. The bridge was filled up with death eaters behind us and I felt the force of the spells missing me just by a few inches. They crashed into the wood of the bridge, destroying everything which crossed their way. Neville and I started to shot spells behind us without loosing tempo. They crushed into the spots on the wood I wanted to reach, completely missing the threat coming at us quickly. Just then the bridge behind them started to collapse with the explosive substance we had prepared the pillars with. A few of the wizards in the back were falling into their death as Neville and I came around the corner and saw Ginny, Seamus and a few others waiting for us, screaming our names to hurry.

But just then the cramp like, stabbing pain in my underarm distracted me and made me stumble over my steps. Just a few millimeters away from the edge where Neville already crashed to the floor, crouching forward along with Ginny and Seamus as I felt that the ground under my feet began to fall down. The boy got a grip around my wrist right as I was about to follow the remaining Snatchers down into death. Scabior grabbed after my foot, weighting me down. Ginny and Seamus helped his friend to grab me secure, while the death eater pulled from the other side.