#2 The Funeral

The rain was tinting the surroundings in an even sadder atmosphere then it already was.

My families grounds were plastered in the blanket of death. Not only every face of everyone being there, but also with the ruins of our home - the place Maribel and I grew up - in the background of the graveyard.

My mother always knew that I hated the big amount of people on Maribel's funeral, and even though she was one off the only people knowing that I was still out there, she tried to keep this funeral more familiar and in the way I would want it.

We were in the small chapel on our estate, the same one my sister's took place. The banks were decorated in beautiful rose colored azaleas, the poster covered in black fabric. On the casket in front of everyone the same colored flower bouquet and next to it a picture of me from the summer before our fourth school year at Hogwarts. Smiling brightly in the comfort of the sun.

As I walked past the aisle in the middle of the two rows, I passed Pansy and Daphne sitting on one bank together with Theodore. The latter had his gaze firmly pinned on the back of the seats in front of him, his eye almost emotionless, while Pansy had her head rested on his shoulder, silently crying. Daphne was playing with the edge of her dress, almost as if she needed to distract her mind with something pathetic like that.

Behind them sat Remus and Tonks, the latter crying into a napkin, while her husband tried to ease the tension with stroking down her back. His eyes were mirroring the expression he had laid on back in the ministry. Other then now hadn't I the time to take in his features fully back then. They were exhausted, like he already suffered enough to just sit there now. I couldn't blame him, he was the one being there for me the most when it came the members of the Order. And he was indeed my favorite professor.

Sirius had stationed himself next to his best friend, seemingly uncomfortable around all the people believing I was dead, while he knew I was waiting in his house for his returning.

Hagrid was standing next to the entrance, fighting back the tears especially as Harry, Hermione and Ron walked in. He had brushed his hair, even though I never saw him doing it. He even had put on his darkest brown suit for me.

They were all dressed in black, Hermione's eyes puffy, even though she tried to cover it up with her Make-Up. But as soon as she walked in and saw the big image of me standing in front of my casket, she cracked again. Ron was quick to get a hold on her waist, firmly stroking his sleeve over his eyes, while the dark-haired girl brought her hand up to her mouth to cover it up as she started to cry.

Hagrid stepped forward to take the girl in a quick hug, right before he turned to Harry and did the same. The boy did a big effort in holding himself together, waiting at the entrance after he signalized his best friends to go ahead, waited until Ginny walked in right on the side of her brothers.

Fred and George sadly smiled as they walked past them, Fred with a bandage around his head. Ginny supportingly laid a hand on Harry's shoulder and silently followed.

It took me two deep breaths to steady myself until I broke again as El walked in, literally leaning against Luna in support. Her face was already a crying mess as she caught her father's sadly smiling gaze and followed to the row where Harry and the others sat down. I followed her too and took a seat in the row in front of them, turning around to take in their painful eyes.

"I can't believe she's - she's just gone.", Ron whispered as he looked down on his hands in the lap, swallowing the limp in his throat.

"Don't.", El snapped in a hissing tone and closed her eyes to keep herself together. "I can't do this right now."