epilogue

[UNEDITED][JASON][TISSUES?]

        “I fucking hate you Jason Parker,” Erin’s screams echoed around the room, her nails digging into my hands to the point they were now drawing blood.

        I didn’t bother to answer her back because it had been like this for the past eighteen hours now. She had been throwing her insults and causing maximum pain to the first part of my body she could grab hold of, but she was the one who had refused both an epidural and gas and air.

        She was as stubborn now as the day I first met her. I wouldn’t want her any other way though.

        “Next time, I swear, you had better keep it in your fucking pants or I am cutting it off,” Erin hissed as she rode out another wave of pain, her eyes filled with tears. The moment the door opened, she snapped her head in the direction of the doctor who had just walked into the room.

        He didn’t acknowledge either of us, instead he walked over to the end of the bed, pulling on a pair of rubber gloves. It looked like something from a horror movie and I could have sworn he was about to murder her.

        “Erin, I need you to push for me,” he spoke once he had finished prodding around.

        “What? Are you fucking mad?” Erin replied and it took everything I had to hold back the laugh which was stuck in my throat.

        “The baby is ready to be born. I need you to push when I tell you to.”

        “I tell you what, how about you fucking push when I tell you to and then you let me know how it fucking feels?”

        “Erin, baby, you can do it,” I smiled, putting my free hand on the top of hers. Even with sweat running down her face and pained expression on her face, she still looked beautiful and I knew she could do this, even if she didn’t think that she could.

        I remember when Erin told me she was pregnant. I was the happiest day of my life. I was finally going to be a father and it was definitely the most wonderful feeling in the world to be able to say that, to be able to say that I was with the woman I loved and she was going to be the mother of my child.

        I also remember how apprehensive she had been about the entire thing, worrying that it was far too soon into the relationship to have a baby, but she quickly came round to the idea after speaking to Chloe. My sister told her that the pain of the birth was worth it in the end and that there was nothing in the world which could compare to the feeling of being a mother, Chloe even told her that the risk of being pregnant with Jacob was worth it – damn had Matthew been happy when he discovered they were going to be having a son and he was even happier than Erin was giving birth because it meant that his own son would be here in a couple of weeks time.

        “Fuuuuuck,” Erin’s call reminded me that I was sitting beside her and she was giving birth to my child.

        “One. Two. Three. And push Erin,” the doctor called and the sensation of Erin’s nails buried in my hand again told me that she was pushing for the second time.

        “Well done baby. You can do it,” I encouraged her.

        “Again Erin. Push.”

        Erin looked practically defeated once she had finished pushing for the third time. She was panting and sweat was covering every part of her body, even her death grip on my hand had been loosened and she didn’t look like she could go on for very much longer.