Twenty Questions Twenty Stories Up

You froze and became rigid, you felt your heart rate go up as you glanced around. You expected her to come waltzing out of the shadows with that trademark grin of hers.

However, to your surprise it never happened. It was just the two of you as the wind blew through the empty and exposed building. Nothing but steel support pillars that held the ceiling of the floor above in place and bags of concrete mix.

The foxbat stifled a laugh as she watched you with amusement dancing in her eyes, "What are you looking around for?"

"She's... not here is she?" You asked as you slowly looked at the amused predator.

"No, but you're welcome to keep looking," She laughed, "Maybe you can will her into existence with that imagination of yours."

You shuddered at that thought, "I don't think I could even handle the thought of her just appearing wherever or whenever she wanted."

"I suppose that would be an unsettling thought to say the least," She replied with a nod.

"So what? Are you here to take me to her? Gift wrap me and had deliver me to her?" You asked as you took a step back.

"So defensive," The woman noted, "Though, I would be too if I had run into Silvia Deluma the way you had. And you've had quite a few other encounters since then, haven't you?"

"I have. Is this another one of them?" You asked with an unmistakable hint of rage in your voice.

"Goodness no! I simply wanted to know more about you. That's all..."

You crossed your arms and eyed her with suspicion, "And that's it? Nothing more?"

She nodded as she used her wings in to perform an assisted leap before landing lithely on a horizontal beam that made up the unfinished framework of the structure that surrounded you. She sat down and made herself comfortable as she looked down on you with a content expression allowing her legs to hang off of the beam while placing her hands beside her hips to support herself, sitting as though she were on a swing at the playground. She then gestured to you with one of her hands, "Silvia Deluma wants very much to have a; shall we say conversation with you? Usually that woman get's whatever she wants. But somehow, despite wanting you she can't quite seem to get her hands on you and that makes me interested in you. So tell me about yourself."

"What? So we're just gonna play twenty questions until you're satisfied?" You scoffed.

"Twenty questions?" She echoed with a quizzical expression, "What's that?"

You rolled your eyes as she looked down on you, "It doesn't matter."

"No, you've piqued my interest," She replied, "Tell me what it is."

"It's a game," You reply begrudgingly.

Her eyes lit up, "A game? I love games! How do you play?"

You released an irritated sigh before explaining how the game worked, "We take turns asking questions. One question for one answer. You ask something, and then I have to answer it. Then I ask something and you have to answer it."

"I see," She nodded, "Let's do that! Although you say it's a game, I think that it's the best way for us to get to know each other, don't you agree?"

"Does what I say even matter?" You asked.

"Not really, no," She replied. "But for what it's worth, you can start us off. Ask any question you'd like."

"If I have to play then I guess I'll ask the question that you've been avoiding ever since we met, 'Who are you?'"