The Other Side Of The Coin

You stood absolutely petrified. You were lucky to escape the first Deluma you ran into. She had literally made your life into a suspense thriller. You spent every other day wondering if you'd get snatched up off of the street and disappear into what ever dark hole she threw you into. But now? Now you've discovered she has a brother who is remarkably similar to his sister, from the way he carried himself to the glasses he wore, there was no doubt that he was Silvia Deluma's brother.

Seeming to sense your feeling of dread he smiled and took a step back, "No need to be afraid, I'm not here to harm you."

You shifted you're weight to your back foot as you watched his every move, "Nobody ever 'wants' to harm me until it becomes an inconvenience for them not to."

Malcom put a hand to his chin and chuckled as he nodded his head, "Fascinating... I knew you were capable of speech, but not to this extent. Your sentence structure and grasp of meaning is well beyond anything that I would have expected." A dubious expression flashed across your face before Malcolm quickly composed himself, "Forgive me, I'm just excited to meet you is all. As for what you said a moment ago, I'm inclined to agree to an extent. However, I would say that that line of rationality would only apply to those who are interested in realizing their own selfish goals without any regard for collateral damage."

You gave the multi tailed canine a doubtful stare, "And you have such a regard?"

Malcolm gazed at you with wonder, "Such an insightful creature," He muttered before answering your question, "I do. I understand that it might be hard to believe given what my older sister has put you through. However, the fact of the matter is that I feel I can learn much from you without turning you into a prisoner or science project. I'm sure you'd agree that conversation and diagrams are more pleasant than chains and scare tactics, wouldn't you?"

"I would," You replied, "But what you're suggesting is the polar opposite of what I've experienced."

"I understand and you have my sympathy. For now, I think I'll have you stay with my cousin and a friend of hers whom I think you know rather well."

Not long after he finished his sentence, you found Luna and Tanya along with Hunter and Annika entering the room. You slowly moved in their direction while cautiously watching Malcom. The large anthro made no move to stop you. He watched you with a neutral expression until you found yourself in Luna's arms.

She gave you an apologetic smile, "I'm sorry we didn't tell you. But we were worried that you'd panic if we told you we were taking you to meet another Deluma."

You wanted to be angry, but you couldn't deny that she was probably right and made a wise decision keeping you in the dark, "It's alright, I'm just... surprised is all."

Malcolm cleared his throat, grabbing your attention, "You'll stay at Tanya's house for the foreseeable future. I have quite a bit to do to make sure that you're stay will be comfortable here, but I'm confident that it will be beneficial for you as well as anyone who has assisted you." You weren't entirely sure what that meant, but you decided not to ask. Malcolm crossed his arms and smiled, "Well that's all I have for today. You can go if you'd like. I'm sure you're not too comfortable with me just yet. Just know that you're safe in this city. Both the governor and myself will see to that." You tilted your head as a perplexed expression glued itself to your face. An expression of comprehension washed over Malcolm's face as he spoke, "Ah, yes. I suppose I should mention that I'm the mayor of this city just as my sister is the mayor of her city. Anyway, go... enjoy some peace and fresh air."