The Chase

"Kiba Lockheart, the human that's not you're property" you reply defiantly as you fold you're arms over you're chest.

Silvia crossed her arms as an amused chuckle escaped her lips, "Defiant little thing, aren't you?" She adjusted her glasses before stepping closer to you and eying you up and down as if she were sizing you up. "That's alright, you'll learn how to behave yourself soon enough."

Mayor Deluma reached down and cupped you're lower jaw and cheeks in her paw before bending down and turning your face every which way while she examined you. At this point you realize that her one paw is big enough to encompass most of your face in her palm. This doesn't intimidate you though as you jerk you're face out of her paw and back away from her. "I have respect, I just don't give it to people like you."

Deluma snarled and bared her fangs at you befor approaching you with clenched fists. Before she reached you though, Luna jumped between you and the mayor. "I was just about to take him to the station until we figure out what to do with him. While he's there I figure we can get to know him and possibly-"

"-The station?!" Deluma echoed while raising an eyebrow, "Get to know him? Captain, he's a human, not a lost child. He should be on his way to a lab for analysis and study!"

Luna was taken aback by the mayor's response, "Mayor Deluma, with all do respect he is a living and sentient being! He has rights and he's only a boy! We can't just lock him up to poke him and prod him!"

Deluma sighed and placed a hand on her forehead while shaking her head, "Captain Barker, you raise valid points but I must remind you that he is a human. Human's are supposed to be mythical, as such a creature has come into our midst we should take advantage of the opportunity to study him and understand him, the best place for that is a lab. And as far as rights go, again... He's human, the last time I checked, only anthros had rights here." Luna clenched her fists and growled in response. Deluma stared her down as she removed her paw from her forehead. "Now I want him taken into custody and delivered to 'SD Labs' within the hour.

Luna shook her head, "I'm sorry mayor, I can't do that. This is a police matter, so I'm afraid I can't follow your request." You inwardly sigh in relief at hearing this. You've only known this Deluma woman for two minutes and from what you understand, you don't want to spend more than one minute alone with her.

Deluma's tails flared as she marched up to Luna until her snout was touching the wolf's, "You don't have a choice captain!" Deluma hissed, "As I told the boy, I own this city and the region around it. That includes the police force! Either you carry out my instructions, or Turn in your badge, find another job and I'll have someone else do it."

You silently prayed that Luna would protect you from the harsh Mayor, she's got to have some kind of authority doesn't she? She is a police captain after all. Besides that, she seems to want what's best for you and if all goes well, she may even be able to find someone who knows how to send you home. It sure beat trying to survive Deluma on you're own. Speaking of whom, Deluma was still arguing with Luna and becoming more agitated by the second.

"You're beginning to try my patients captain!" Deluma snarled, "I'm giving you one last chance to follow my orders before I decide to have you arrested."

Luna started to open her mouth to protest, but instead she closed it before sighing. "Let the record show that I strongly disagree with your demands," she stated quietly as she glared at the fox.

"Noted, now get on with it" Deluma snapped with a dismissive wave as she turned to leave.

"I suddenly feel like I should've run..." You think to yourself as you look for an opening to escape through, but the entire area was blocked off by doberman and german shepherd anthros.