Getting Out Of Town

The two officers that Deluma had brought with her charged into the house. They first entered the living room where they found an unexpected scene unfolding in front of them.

"Ma'am? We have something,"

Deluma eyed the cheetah smugly before slowly and deliberately moving down the hall and to the room that the two canines were zeroed in on. Her smug expression faded to a neutral stare as she observed a rather tranquil family moment. She found Alex drawing, Tara listening to music on earbuds and their parents were both drinking coffee at a table in the corner of the room. All of the room's occupant's turned to regard the nine tailed fox with surprised expressions.

"Mayor Deluma?" Alan asked as he stood up, "We weren't expecting a visit from you! I apologize for our lax demeanor."

The larger vulpine was confused and slightly annoyed, but recovered quickly as she dismissively waved a hand through the air, "It's quite alright. I'm simply conducting a door to door search with my officers in regard to the human that recently appeared. We were hoping to catch him by surprise, but it seems that all we've done is interrupt you're family time."

Felicia then came into the room with a sympathetic expression, "I'm sorry mayor, but this is why I'd initially said it was a bad time. We were planning to have a pleasant evening with my friend who owns this house. She'll be home soon, but you searched the house before I could explain that."

"I see," Deluma replied as she adjusted her glasses. She then looked pointedly at her two officers and tilted her head towards the front door, "In that case I'll be off. There are plenty more houses for me to search in this neighborhood. Enjoy you're evening." Saying nothing more, the Mayor turned and followed her officers back out of the house and onto the street.

Felecia quietly closed the door and locked it before releasing a sigh of relief, "That could have been very bad."

"But it wasn't," Alan replied, "I just hope that we bought them enough time to get a head start..."

Several miles away, Annika and Hunter ran on either side of you as you followed closely behind Luna. Worried that you could be spotted from the street. Luna was leading you down an embankment that ran alongside a small river which flowed through the neighborhood.

You felt your stamina beginning to fade as you continued along the grassy bank. You couldn't help but remember the famous expression, 'be careful what you wish for.' It wasn't that long ago when you couldn't stand being locked up in the house, even though it was for your own protection. Apparently, you're loss of stamina was also noticed by Luna. The wolf slowed down until she came to a stop which prompted to teenage foxes to do the same.

"Why are we stopping?" Hunter asked.

Luna pointedly looked down her snout at you, "You're tired... aren't you?"

Being a natural athlete gave you and advantage. But even with that advantage, there was simply no way for a human to keep up with in anthro. It would've been possible if you were in an urban environment where your size would've been an advantage to traverse tight spaces and dart around street corners, but since you'd arrived the worst place for you to be was on a long stretch where there was nothing to do but run.

"I'm a little tired but I'm alright," You replied.

Luna hummed in thought for a moment before turning to Annika and Hunter, "Can you two scout ahead for me? See if the path ahead is clear of any.... Obstacles..." The foxes nodded before running off to do as they were told. Luna then turned and eyed you with a mixture of curiosity and concern. You returned her gaze, wondering what she was thinking. Eventually, you got you're answer as she knelt down and looked you squarely in the eye, "You're absolutely exhausted..." She observed.