fourteen

The memories came flooding back as she slowly woke up. Next to her, corpse was slowly rubbing her back, helping her sit up.
"Hey baby." He mumbled, bringing her in for a hug. She hugged him back. She would need this to explain.
"I'm going to tell you why you found be half crying my ass out." She explained.
Corpse nodded, staying quiet.
"When I was four, my dad died. I was with my mom until she remarried when i was six. She got married to Aiden. While she worked, aiden would continuously abuse and rape me. The abuse started when he met me and the rape started when I was twelve. I told my mom countless times, but she never belived me. The second I could move out, I did. So at sixteen, I left the East coast and lived out here. I lost my respect for her. Her name is Monica so I call her Monica." Throughout the whole story, she had been letting tears slip out.
"The only people that know are you, 5up and Hafu." She said. Corpse wrapped his arms closer around the girl.
"Monica called. Aiden is on his last limbs in hospital and wants me to go. She threatened to leak my face." She mumbled in his arms.
"Are you going?" He asked softly.
"I have to. You don't need to come." She mumbled. She knew he hated flying or even just going out in public.
He shook his head.
"I'd do anything for you, my love. Anything. If that means going across the country for some dumbass, we'll go. If you're going, I'm protecting you." He mumbled.
She smiled lightly at the boy, bringing him in for a kiss.

So here they were, four days later in an airplane. They had bought first class tickets in a way to try and calm their nerves. As they got off the plane, she grabbed their luggage, seeing the North Carolina sun. Apparently they had moved from Florida, years ago.
Corpse grabbed her hand, as the two got into a waiting Uber.
That drove them to Karl. Who she had explained the situation to. He had been more than welcoming, letting them have a room at his house so here they were.
In front of the door. Phoebe quickly knocked on it. She heard scrambling for a few seconds before the door was thrown open and the brown haired boy smiled.
"Hello!!!!" He squealed. When everyone was inside, then Karl hugged them.
"You two are a lot shorter in person than you seem online." The taller boy laughed.
Corpse just chuckled. "I never lied about my height." He said honestly.
"I did say I was short." She said.
"Not like 2 foot short." Karl teased, taking a sip from his monster.
"I'm literally 5'2. I'm sorry if all you fucking streamers are tall as fuck. I mean wilburs 6'5, ranboos 6'6, spifey is 6'4 and a shit ton of you guys are 6'3. Dream, Technoblade, Tommy." She exasperated.
This caused the other two boys to start laughing.

"So stream. We have some special guest. You may be wondering why face cam is off. That's because corpse and nemesis are here!" The hyper boy smiled into his mic.
"Hello!" She said.
"Hi!" Corpse laughed. Karl had completely unplugged his camera just to be safe, not wanting to be the one to leak their relationship and faces.
"It is true chat. These two make out all the time." Karl laughed.
"We do not." The girl shot back. Corpse just chuckled before kissing the girl on the lips.
"See! He literally just kissed you." Karl shouted.
"AHHHH PDA!" Karl continued causing the both of them to bursts out laughing.
They just hung around on his stream for a few hours before Karl decided it was time for him to sleep considering it was six in the morning. The couple however, both from jet lag and insomnia, laid together on their shared bed in Karl's guest room.
They were planned to go to the hospital at eleven and then stay there for a very short amount of time.
"I don't think you should go in." She mumbled truthfully. He grabbed her hand.
"Why not?"
"Monica had my photos. She knows we're dating, I don't want her to get a photo of you and use it as blackmail. So for my sake, please stay in the car." She pleaded. Karl offered to drive, opting to stay in the car while they went which she was very thankful for.
"Fine." He mumbled.

So here they were, ten fifty seven, inside Karl's Tesla. Outside of one of the main hospitals in North Carolina. She pulled her mask up.
"I'll be back as soon as I can." The girl confirmed. Karl and corpse both nodded. She walked out of the car, heading in. She checked in and was lead to a room.

"Monica." She stated, walking in.
"Phoebe." She replied.
"Why does aiden wish to see me once more before the asshole dies?" She nonchalantly said.
"He wants to talk." Monica replied.
The girl walked into the room, seeing the old bastard in his hospital bed.
"Ahhh, phoebe. Or should I say nemesis." The old man laughed.
"Cunt." She responded. "What do you want?"
"Just wanted to speak to my dear old daughter before I die." He laughed, coughing violently after.
"Don't call me that."
"Well I wanted to see you one more time." He laughed again.
"I only came because Monica blackmailed me." She said crossly.
"And I'd do it again." She smirked.
"You're a fucking bitch." She shot at the older woman.
"Careful. Might have to press a few buttons." She threatened.
Just as she was about to open her mouth, a knock on the door startled her. She turned to see Karl in a black mask.
"Hey." He smiled, throwing an arm around her shoulder.
"We got worried so I'm here." He whispered. She nodded thankful.
"Whelp I must get going. It was hell seeing you." She turned, Karl following behind as she flipped them off. They signed out of the hospital, making their way back to Karl's car.
As soon as they were in view, corpse rushed out of the car, throwing his arms around the girl.
She hugged him back.
"I love you."
"I love you too, Alex." She whispered.
He carried her back to the car where Karl was already in the driver seat. They stumbled into the backseat, their hands interlocked.

For the first time in a week, the girl felt great, sleeping next to the love of her life, she was on her medications, she was eating and she was sleeping a lot. Well a lot for her.