Hokage's Vow

The little girl walked around the dark cave, flustered as to what she was doing there. She could hear the ground rumbling.

Despite her age, she wasn't afraid. Instead, she was curious. She found the exit to the cave only to meet her father fighting with a snake-like man.

"Tou-chan! Are you playing a game with that man? Can I join too?" shouted Himawari as she waved towards her father.

"Himawari?! Don't move Hima!" shouted Naruto as he became surprised.

"Oh? I'm surprised she broke the genjutsu that fast" said Orochimaru as snakes came out of his hands, that moved towards Himawari.

"Shit! Hima!" shouted Naruto as he tried to protect his daughter from Orochimaru. But it was at that moment, a kunai flew across hitting one of the snakes.

A shadowy figure moved acrossed and put Himawari in safe hands, behind Naruto's back.

"I told you we shouldn't just wait there dattebasa!" shouted Boruto as he carried his younger sister on his back.

"Whatever, at least I'll get to fight now." sighed Sarada as she held four kunai knives between her hands.

"I knew something was up when I heard the ground shaking." said Inojin as he stood beside Naruto, with a short blade in his hand.

"You guys..." said Naruto as he was surprised to see the children.

"Looks like my fun has ended. Naruto-kun, we shall meet again soon enough." smirked Orochimaru as his body slowly vanished into thin air.

"Wait! Orochimaru! I'm not done with you yet!" yelled Naruto angrily as he was confused at the sudden situation.

Naruto was speechless, but he calmed down and turned to the children.

"You guys did a great job protecting Himawari dattebayo." said Naruto as he smiled.

"I swear, I'm gonna get that man one day! Payback for Himawari dattebasa!" yelled Boruto with confidence.

"You can't even perform jutsus yet, idiot." sighed Sarada.

"Shut up! It's not like you can too!"

"Oh? That's what you think."

"HAAAH?! OI THATS UNFAIR!"

"Boruto. Stop. We're going back to camp alright?" said Naruto gently as he caressed his hair and went down the mountain.

"If that's what you say...Tou-chan." pouted Boruto as he followed his father. He noticed that Naruto was not his usual self and decided to obey him for once.

~X~

Everyone gathered back after the successful rescue of Himawari. The kids were happy-go lucky as they enjoyed their time in the camp. However, there was an adult who stayed silent among the noise.

The hokage sat in front of the campfire, in deep thought as he wondered what was Orochimaru's motive.

"Hey nii-chan, let's cheer tou-chan!" whispered Himawari to her brother.

"But what can we do to make him smile dattebasa?" whispered Boruto.

Himawari could only grin. The Uzumaki siblings understood each other without any words as they crept behind their father.

"Attack the hokage!" shouted Boruto as he jumped onto his father.

"Hugging attack!" shouted Himawari as she clinged herself to Naruto's torso.

"Aha! The monster is gonna eat you up!" said Naruto with a smile as he lifted his children up with his two arms. He was overjoyed to see his children trying their hardest to cheer him up.

"Yosh! Since Boruto and Hima-chan are working hard, I've gotta do my best to make this trip fun! I can't let things block my path!" thought Naruto as he decided on something.

He had vowed to go after Orochimaru once he comes back. This trip is for the kids and he will not let anything block its way.

~X~

That night, everyone spent a night filled with laughter as they happily ate their fried fishes caught from the nearby river. This was their first day away from home and so many events happened the moment they left.

"All right guys! Tommorow, we're gonna stop by a nearby town!" said Naruto as he took a bite out of his fish.

"So can we buy souveneirs for our parents?" asked Inojin.

"I'm definately gonna find something for kaa-chan!" said Himawari.

"Hm. I'd rather save the money for something else." said Sarada.

"It's just too troublesome to buy." sighed Shikadai as he yawned.

"Well, we still gotta be careful dattebasa! Who knows, there might be bandits around!" shouted Boruto.

"Haha, don't worry. The great hokage-sama will protect all of you definately!" grinned Naruto.

"By the way. where's ChoCho?" asked Inojin as he realized she was missing.

"She said she went to the toilet." replied Sarada.

"I'll go find her!" said Himawari as she got up but she was instantly pulled back by Naruto.

"No, ever since that incident I'm not gonna let you go off by yourself again. Sarada, please go instead." said Naruto.

"Yes, Hokage-sama." said Sarada as she got up and dissapeared into the forest.

~X~

It was a dark and thick forest as Sarada carefully walked, calling out ChoCho's name. It was at that moment, she saw something behind a tree.

ChoCho was found uncouncious, with a half-eaten flower petal in her hand.

-----------------------------

One incident after another! Will these kids really be alright by their own? This is just the beginning. :)