Setting Off!

That morning, Sasuke stormed the hokage's office. However, Naruto wasn't in, he was still at home.

"As expected..." sighed Sasuke as he waited outside the office.

It took a long time before he could hear a distant whistle coming up the stairs.

"You're late, you idiot." said Sasuke.

"Oh! You came back teme! Got anything to report?" said Naruto with a wide grin.

"You sure are in a good mood."

"Hehe, my daughter did something cute today~" said Naruto as he drifted off in his dreams.

"Anyway, I heard you're organizing a field trip for the kids?"

"Ah, did you come here to complain like what the others did?"

"No. I actually like this idea. This would be a good chance for Sarada to learn." said Sasuke with a smirk.

"Yes! Finally, someone who agrees with me!" grinned Naruto as he attempted to hang his arm around Sasuke's shoulder but failed.

"Don't do that idiot! I need to ask you a favour about Sarada." said Sasuke as he dodged Naruto.

"What?"

~X~

At the Yamanaka flower shop, Inojin is busying helping out her mother arrange the flowers on the display.

"Inojin, please place these at the corner over there!" said Ino as she handed a bouquet of daisies to her son.

"Alright mom! By the way, have you seen my painting scrolls?"

"I think they were on your father's table. You're bringing it for the trip?"

"Yeah! I wanna paint the landscapes as I travel."

"I'm sure Father would love to see your paintings." said Ino with a smile. Her son really took after her husband, Sai.

~X~

At the Nara household, father and son are busy playing a game of shogi and it seemed pretty intense.

"Ah, you trapped me Shikadai" sighed Shikamaru as he kept thinking of a way to move his piece.

"By the way, aren't you supposed to be at the hokage's office now?"

"After I finish this game. Since, Hokage-sama doesn't come that early anyway."

"Hey Father, is the Hokage actually stupid?"

"Don't say that Shikadai, even though he's a bit foolish at times but he knows what hes doing."

"This trip is going to be troublesome." sighed Shikadai.

~X~

Soon, the day has arrived for the start of the field trip. The kids were already stationed at the Konoha gate with their parents as they waited for the Hokage to arrive. Inojin walked around restlessly, ChoCho was too preoccupied with eating her snacks and Shikadai just sat down at a corner.

"The Hokage is late." sighed Ino.

"Well, it's Naruto anyway." said Sai.

It was at that moment there was figures coming from the shadows. It was the Uzumaki and the Uchiha family walking together to the gate. The hokage was dressed in his usual ninja outfit as he carried Himawari in his hands. They were both carrying bags that were quite large. Sarada on the other hand, walked side by side with her father however she didn't hold his hand like what Boruto did with his.