Time To Choose

"Are you ready for this," Cara asked.
"As we'll ever be," Izzy replied, speaking for the rest of the group.
"We need Simon and Clary leading the pack and the vampires to stall for time ok," Damien said, tone serious, but you could see the tiredness showing on his face.
"Then Jace and I distract Dominic inside while you, Cara, and Magnus set up the banishing spell," Izzy finished.
"What are we going to do about Alec? He needs to finish the spell, doesn't he," Magnus asked.
"Damien and I can do it; it'll be harder but doable."
"Let's do this then," Clary said.

With Alec and Dominic

"Hello Love, I have to deal with some business tonight; try and stay in our room, ok."
"Ok, should I be worried," Alec laughed nervously.
"Of course not, don't worry, your gorgeous little head. I'll tell you about it later,"
With that, Alec walked off to their room, he couldn't shake the nervousness settling in his chest, but he trusted Dominic. He wouldn't hurt him.

"So, I see he's transitioning well."
"Yes, I'm very proud of him," Dominic replied, smiling.
"Yes, and one slip up doesn't matter," The man took a drink, but Dominic frowned at his words.
"What do you mean."
"You don't know. My men told me they saw him with Bane a few nights ago. But he chooses to leave. I assumed you knew."
"Unfortunately, I didn't but thank you for telling me. I'm sorry, but we will have to reschedule. I have something to care of," Dominic was furious; he stood up and walked the man out before storming to where Alec was.

Dominic opened the bedroom door with a slam, scaring Alec sitting on the bed reading peacefully.
"You went and saw Bane. After I explicitly told you not to."
"How did you—" Alec stumbled over his words.
"I ask you to do one thing, why did you do it. What possessed you to go against me."
"Because I miss him, I miss my old life. I miss being able to do what I want. To see Izzy, Cara, Jace, Max, and Damien. I feel like I'm going crazy stuck in here," Alec shouted, standing up from the bed.
"Love, you know I'm doing this for you, for us," Dominic's voice softened. "But if this is going to be an issue, it might be better if I deal with the situation..." Dominic trailed off.
"I am not yours to control. They are my family, my everything," Alec thought for a minute, "The demon attack, it nearly killed them. They could barely fight them off. That was you, oh god, that was you," Alec put his hand over his mouth.
"I was just protecting you, Alexander, please."
"I think I'm going to be sick," Alec ran to the bathroom, locking himself in.

Dominic banged the door, trying to talk to Alec, but Alec had put up an award to keep him from breaking the door. Dominic turned around to see Izzy punching him; he was caught off guard but caught her next punch.

"Try again," He smirked. They began to fight; Dominic was so caught up he didn't see the others.
Cara and Magnus started to put up the symbols to contain him, sprinkling Agrimony on the symbols to help. They only had one left to set up when Cara was hit with magic flying into the wall.
"Cara," Damien ran over and began to heal her.
"Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's not going to work," He threw Jace and Izzy over at the wall, they slumped against it. Without Cara, they wouldn't be able to banish Dominic or even complete the symbols. All was needed was to put some Agrimony on them.

Dominic raised ahead, a ball of energy forming, "It was nice knowing you, but it's time to deal with this problem once and for all."
Alec unlocked the bathroom door, running out to see Dominic ready to attack. Dominic turned around to see him.
"Love, I'm sorry, but this is the only way. I have to protect us."
"I know," Alec stepped towards Dominic, gently kissing him. Dominic lowers his magic, smiling when Alec pulled away slightly.
Magnus and the others watched in horror as Alec sided with Dominic again. He would let him kill them.

"It was always going to have to end like this," Alec stepped out; he bent down and moved some of the Agrimony on the symbol. "I'm so sorry baby, I love you so much."

"No, Alexander, please no," Dominic yelled.
"I'm so sorry, baby," Alec said through tears.
Cara and Damien stepped forward and began the spell. "This evil before us has done no good; we ask for the power of the angels to remove him from this place," Cara began.
"To free us from this power, set free the good and contain the bad," Damien continued.
"Alexander, please don't do this."
"Auferatis malum de loco isto, "Alec finished, through tears.

"I will always love you," Damien said before he disappeared with a bright light.
Alec dropped to his knees, crying. He felt a hole in his heart; the pain overtook him until Damien touched his forehead, whispering a gentle, "Sleep."