Details

Please read this chapter, so you are not confused when you are reading the rest of the work; this is just an explanation of the AU I've created, I have taken details from other shows and incorporated them in, but this is not a crossover.

For this story, I invented a new type of Angel, a Grimm (Heads up if you get the reference)
some points about Grimms :
↳They're a type of Angel which are born with warlock Magic and angel blood
↳They were created by the Angels when they saw the species of downworlders and were to act as protectors. To keep the peace and balance between Shadowhunters and downworlders
↳ The reason most shadow hunters and downworlders don't know of their existence is that shadowhunters believed them to be a type of warlock and tried to wipe them out; now, most downworlders and shadowhunters believe them to be a myth as they went into hiding.
↳The Grimm gene will not always be activated and passed down until the person is strong enough to handle it; this is why generations can pass before a Grimm is born and why shadowhunters can be born Grimms.
↳ The Grimm gene will activate when the person turns 16.
↳ Grimms have different abilities like telekinesis or elemental.
↳Grimms have different colored eyes and wings that only other Grimms can see unless they reveal them.
↳The color depends on the category their ability falls into.

So in this AU, Alec was adopted when he was just a baby, he was found abandoned outside the institute, and they recognized him as a shadowhunter. Alec, Izzy, Max, and Jace all know he is adopted, but they don't tell anyone else.
Alec is actually a Grimm. Only Robert, Maryse, and some clave members know he is a Grimm.
Alec's met his real family when he was 13.
Alec's birth parents are Polish and are called Lily Andrysiak and Noah Andrysiak; his siblings are his non-Identical twin brother Damien Andrysiak and his sister Cara Andrysiak who is 2 years younger than him. No one knows he has met his real family except Robert and Maryse.

When Grimms turn 16, they spend 1-3 years training and mastering their powers, Alec went when he was 16 to train, but everyone believes he went to Idris to train. He came back when he was 18.
Alec ┊elemental ( control over water, fire, air, and earth), eye color changes with elements, e.g., red for fire and silver for air.
Damien ┊ shifting (can change into another animal), eye color is green.
Cara ┊ Telekinesis, eye colour is purple.

The story's timeline is similar to the show from where Clary is introduced (Which happens when Alec is 20), except Simon is with Raphael. We didn't have the whole Clary and Jace are brothers things (I feel it would make my story more complicated than it already is); they were still injected with angel blood, though. Magnus, Simon, Izzy, Clary, and Jace don't know that Alec is a Grimm or any of his Grimm friends.