The Choice Is Out Of Your Hands

"Have you spoken to Alexander recently?" Magnus asked Izzy
"No, he's been training a lot. Being put on temporary leave has really affected him."
"That's what I'm worried about; I hate seeing him like this"
"Ugh, here comes Noah, great," Izzy said, rolling her eyes.

"Hello, Izzy, warlock" Noah barely acknowledged Magnus's existence.
"His name Magnus," Izzy said, not looking away from the screen.
"Of course, I believe Alexander has explained our situation to you two," Noah said.
Of course, that was why he was here, Magnus thought.
"If by explained you mean he told us you got him fired and that you are a giant prick, then yes," Izzy snapped, turning to Noah.
"Watch your tone, I'm still a member of the Clave, and really you are in no position to tell me how to raise my son," Noah said, tone serious, face hiding any emotion.
"Of course, sir" Izzy empathized with the word sir as if to mock Noah.

"Mr. Bane, may I have a word with you in my office" Noah sighed and turned to face Magnus.
"You may lead the way," Magnus gestured with his hand; when Noah stepped forward, he looked towards Izzy and rolled his eyes.
When they arrived at Alec's old office, Noah leads them inside before sitting down at Alec's desk as he owned it.
"I thought we could talk," Noah started.
"About what, the fact you had Alec fired because you don't approve of our relationship," Magnus replied, dropping his glamour, cat eyes on display.
"I would hardly call what you have a relationship. Anyways shouldn't you try and treat me with a bit of respect, Mr. Bane." Noah seemed unaffected by Magnus cat eyes.
"Respect is earned, not given," Was Magnus's simple reply.

"You have to understand that Alexander is my first-born son; he and his brother are crucial to me. I won't see him hurt again, Magnus."
"Why are you so convinced that I will hurt him."
"I've seen what you do, date people, convince them you love them, and then leave them when you get bored."
"Alexander is not like that; he's it for me," Magnus said, insulted anyone who could ever think he'd leave his Alexander.
"Forever is a long time Magnus."
"I understand that, but I will love Alec for all of my life; he is my first thought in the morning, my last thought at night, my light in the darkness, the colors in my life, and he will be on my mind until my very last breath" Magnus's voice was full of love and passion.
"That's a lot of talks, but Alexander is young; you're his second relationship. He doesn't know what he truly wants" Noah's voice was softer.
"Well, I am damn happy that he's choosing to find out what he wants with me. If he chooses to leave me and walk away, so be it. But it shall be his choice, not yours, not Roberts and not Dominic's. His." And with that, Magnus stormed out of the office, leaving Noah in shock.

With Alec

Alec was tired; he was so tired. He looked out into the water, the invisibility rune standing out on his arm. How fitting this would be, the place his life truly began becoming the place his life ended. Sitting on the Brooklyn bridge were exactly 7 years ago, Alec stood on this bridge, prepared to jump. This was where he found his real family; it happened by chance. He stood here when he was 13, prepared to jump when Damien had found him, talked him down, and introduced him to his biological family, his second chance.

"I wouldn't jump, love," Came Dominic's voice.
"What the hell are you doing here, don't think you've ruined my life enough," Alec spat
Dominic sat beside Alec on the ledge,
"Is this what you really want?" Dominic said softly, his voice pulling Alec's thoughts away from the darkness.
"I don't know what I want anymore," Alec whispered, looking away from Dominic's rose-red eyes.
"I know this isn't what you want Alexander, listen to your heart."
Alec turned around to face Dominic, but he was gone leaving Alec to wonder if he was ever there or his brain's way of comforting him. Irritably Alec stood up and began the walk back to the institute, unaware of the figure watching him and making sure he arrived safely.

At the Institute

Alec arrived back at the institute. He felt better, lighter like a weight was off his shoulders. He was still trying to figure out if Dominic had been there or a figure of his own imagination. Suppose he was. Why didn't he try to rekidnap Alec? None of this made any sense. Alec's train of thought was broken by Clary's voice.
"Hey Alec, your looking better," She said positively
"Yeah, thanks. I feel better," Alec said, smiling because, for the first time in forever, he genuinely did.
"So, I know you have been upset about not going on patrol or missions, so I got permission for you to help moderate negotiations between Luke's and another werewolves pack. There was a fight, and he asked for my help." She said
"Thanks, Clary; it would be good to get out and feel normal. Let me go get changed."

At Jade Wolf

"Hey, Clary. I'm just going to go outside for some fresh air," Alec whispered before walking outside.
Alec looked up at the clear sky, there were barely any clouds, and the stars were shining. He spun around when he heard another heartbeat. Out of the shadows appeared Dominic wearing the same outfit as before.
"Hello love, lovely night" He smiled, and Alec drew his seraph blade
"Now we both know that's not going to do any damage, now can't we have a civil discussion like on the bridge" Alec lowered his blade when he realized that Dominic had actually been there.
"Why" Was the simple question that Alec responded with
"Because despite popular opinion, I do care for you."
"Why didn't you just kidnap me like before" Came Alec's next question
"I've realized my methods of trying to resurrect old feelings isn't the best method. So, I'm simply asking to talk. No mind games, no tricks." Dominic sat on an old crate, and Alec slowly walked over.

"Why the sudden change," Alec asked cautiously.
"I drove you to that bridge, and it kills me to think because of the damage I caused that you would end your life; I do care about you, Alec" Dominic's smile was genuine now; this was the Dominic he knew, the Dominic he uses to love.
"Why do you want me so much? You go through all this trouble for what."
"Because you looked past my flaws, my past and looked towards our victories and our future. You loved me no matter what; you were kind to me when no one else was, and you made my life worth living."
"This isn't right your bad, bad for me. I love Magnus" Alec stood up
"The choice is confusing you, don't worry, little dove. I've already made the decision not to worry" And with that, Dominic was gone.

Alec stepped by inside the jade wolf and walked up to Clary. He told her what happened and turned to Luke.
"Sorry, something important has come up," She said
"Don't worry, be safe" He hugged her, and Clary pulled Alec out, and they ran back to the institute.
Alec waited in his room while Clary explained the situation to the others; Alec was thankful; he could barely think, let alone speak, right now. He felt the drop-in temperature and realized he could see his own breath. Ice-covered the corners of the room, and the floor spreading quickly. It was a defensive reflex because of how Alec was feeling.

"Come on, you control it; it doesn't control you," He repeated the phrase, muttering and watched as the ice slowly faded, and the temperature rose.
There was a knock on the door, "Alexander, can I come in." Magnus's voice was soothing, but he was dangerous right now. He couldn't risk hurting Magnus.
"I kind of need to be alone right now, Magnus" It hurt him to tell Magnus this, but he couldn't hurt him.
"Oh, ok, I'll come back later" Magnus sounded heartbroken but walked away, and Alec was grateful for that.

He had texted Cara about his loss of control and told him to come to one of the training rooms. He walked quickly, repeating the phrase over and over. When he arrived, he could see it as empty accepted for 5 targets along the wall.
"I thought you could use some stress relief," Cara said
"What's this" Alec asked, slightly confused
"Well, remember when we were learning to use our abilities. Dad uses to make us let out all of our anger and pent-up power before training so we'd be more stable. This is what we're going to do today. You can picture them as anything you want. Give them hell" Cara smiled.
"Thanks, this is amazing" Alec gave a rare and genuine smile before letting down all glamour's as his true Grimm form came out.

After a few hours of letting loose, Alec felt a lot better. He was walking back to his room to take a shower when he thought of Dominic's words properly. What did he mean by he'd decided for him.?