Chapter 11: Winter Gala

. . . Marinette POV . . .

    Strangely they sent me to spend the day with Jon, which was fun. We went to an arcade, before returning at noon, for lunch. Everything was set up for the Gala, and after lunch, Damian went through some parts of the plan with me. What I was going to do, without revealing much about the surprise. They made it so all celebrities would be wearing masks. To make the reveal better. I decided I was okay with revealing my identity as Nettie.

My dress was ombre the bottom was light blue with black snowflakes that faded into a dark blue that faded into black I had a black armband and choker along with my combat boots and blue mask that matched my eyes and dress. The mask had some black accents I had my hair done in a low bun. I also had on a pair of black leggings cause it is winter and it is a short dress. (I'd post the pic but the cat stole my eraser so it ain't great). Damian had a black dress shirt and a blue vest that also matched my eyes. No tie it looked better without. His mask was pure black.

         It was finally time. The Gala was at Wayne hotel. We were to arrive at eight o'clock on the dot, so everyone showed up at like 7:45. They were just waiting on us. When Alfred stopped the limo, at the entrance. They had a red carpet set up, and security guards were trying to keep people away. I did not realize the Wayne's were this famous. There were so many girls shouting, I could feel their glares as Damian helped me out.

       "Now introducing the Wayne's." Someone said and we waited patiently. "Bruce Wayne," the same voice said and Bruce went down the stairs to mingle. "Richard Grayson" Dick walked down. Lila was probably telling the class that it was a common name. "Jason Todd." Jason walked down the stairs. I was getting nervous. "Timothy Drake" Tim left us.  "And the youngest Wayne and his girlfriend. Damian Wayne and Nettie." We walked down the stairs, the room was silent, at the words that Damian, The ice prince of Gotham, had a girlfriend.

       We found Jon in the crowd but we lost him. When Damian asked for a dance. We found Jon again talking to the other Waynes'. I'm surprised the class didn't come up to us. Lila probably convinced them not to. I started making rounds with Damian, we first stopped to talk to Jagged, then Diana, the Kents, cousin Clara, Luka/Viper, and we stopped next to Bruce.

       That was when the class got the courage to talk to us. Miss B spoke first "The class and I just wanted to thank you for letting us come on this trip." While Miss B was talking Lila was trying to get My Demon's attention. It was a winter Gala and she was wearing an orange silk mermaid dress with a v-neck, cut way too low. She tried looking irresistible, key word tried. Damian just turned to Miss B and said "It was our pleasure." With an evil smirk. How hard was he going to out this class . . . . I'm excited to find out.

         The class was about to out Lila, so she politely says "Oh guys, we shouldn't bother them after all. They gave us this trip." I wanted to punch her. I hate her sickeningly sweet voice when she uses it. Bruce checks his watch before speaking "You better get ready Nettie you start your song in a half hour. Damian take her backstage." We both nodded and headed that way I just held on to Damian's arm so I didn't get lost.

I met Viper backstage and we set our stuff up, I normally just write the lyrics and send them to Luka, then he creates a melody and sings the songs. But once in a while, we sing together but it's hard, cause I have to record my voice and send it to him.

         We walked on stage and sang.

I feel nothing
Laugh like it is something
Pretend everything is fine
(No)