Chapter 4: Surprise

. . . Marinette POV . . .

      When I came to, I wasn't in my room. I bolted upright and looked around for any indication of where I was. My eyes quickly rest upon a shirtless Damian? It all comes back to me, As I slowly turn pink. Damian is staring back at me with a smug look in his eyes. I punched him in the shoulder as hard as I could, then got my stuff for a shower and left for the bathroom.

          When I came out Dick had breakfast out, it was a box of donuts with a fresh pot of coffee. I took a giant mug filled with liquid life. Dick just shook his head and mumbled to himself "Oh god, another coffee addict. That isn't even a coffee mug it is a bowl with a handle" Damian didn't spare my coffee problem a glance, knowing from seeing me in the morning with giant cups full. As we are all sitting at the island eating Dick brightly exclaims "You're both taking a mental health day and skipping school. Although I still have to go to work so don't do anything too stupid. Kay?" I respond with a tired nod still waiting for my coffee to kick in.

After staring at the counter in front of me for ten minutes as the caffeine kicks in. I finally start speaking "So what do you want to do today?" Damian's instant reply is "Training." I nodded in confirmation before getting up to change again. This time I put on workout clothes. Once I was back in the kitchen He went to go change into workout clothes as well. As he walks back out he starts talking, "This is a five-story apartment building. Meaning it's one of the taller ones. We can train on the roof without anyone seeing and it's relatively soundproof to our neighbors. We tested it already above our apartment." I let his words sink in as I mentally picture the blueprints of the building. We are on the 5th floor with three other residents. So he is right. I shrug my shoulders before putting my coffee mug in the sink and going to brush my teeth. He rolls his eyes at me as he patiently waits. Two minutes later I'm out and following him to the roof.

"So what do you know about fighting?" Damian asks. "Nothing, I'm completely self-taught." This is my quick response. "Alright, so we can breeze through the basics and go from there." He states calmly. I beam at him and nod my head. He quickly shows me the proper stances that aren't too different from my own. Then we move on to punches, jabs, and kicks. I had all of them down except my elbows could have been tucked in more and Damian quickly corrected me on this. Then we moved on to the choke holds and how to get out of them. This led to different holds like the arm bar. It was now almost three, so we decided to do a calmer exercise of learning the different pressure points. Then we went back to the apartment for a late lunch.Wanting to relax for a bit we started playing video games. I just finished kicking Damian's butt at UMS 3 for the sixth time. When Dick walks in with three more people by the looks of it, Damian's family. Damian turned off the TV and stood bringing me with him. Towards the three strangers. . .

"Hello Pixie Pop. My name is Jason Todd. Demon spawns handsomest brother" the one with a white streak in his black hair says with a wink. The one leaning against the kitchen counter, looking about to drop dead, spoke next "Timmothy Drake, nice to meet you, just call me Tim." The one with a stern expression like Damian's spoke next "Bruce Wayne, Damian's father. I think we have some things to discuss." We shook hands and I smiled hesitantly replying "Sure."

  We discussed many things, like getting justice for the things my class did which my response, was to surprise me. We talked about what I wanted to do in the future, and how I was going to get there. I didn't tell them I'm Nettie. We talked about our responsibilities as heroes. To who my legal guardian should be, he said he would find me some family friends for me to choose from unless someone I knew was willing to adopt me. We eventually got back to the Paris situation when Tim screamed "I got it Hawkmoth is Gabriel Agreste!"