Chapter 1: The New Kid

I shall try to keep this brief but I got nothing, great okay. Cool.

. . . Marinette POV . . .

I awoke with a start to Plagg screaming "AKUMA". . .

With a few calming breaths I started desperately finding positivity around me. Starting with thanking Plagg because I won't be late now. Be Positive. 'Hey, I got quite a lot of sleep just saying. I passed out right after the Akuma which ended say 11:30-ish which is a solid 8 hours of sleep that I got.' My brain supplied, it'll be an okay day.

With my pep talk done I get up and dressed for the day. Without a second thought, I slipped on my new black blazer with red dots instead of pink, over a red tank-top and dark blue jeans. What is on my agenda for today? I know I'm forgetting something. Kwamii, the new student! Lila well just turn them into a new follower, just someone else to hate me. Welp there goes my positivity. I scoop up my backpack I packed the night before, couldn't sleep so it just became a habit to do.

My footsteps are light as I go down the stairs. "Morning!" I greet my parents with as much energy as I can muster. They don't even respond, so I just grabbed a large to-go cup of strong black coffee and a croissant before leaving the bakery. Munching on my amazing breakfast I calmly walked the two blocks to school. The morning air was crisp and cool hinting autumn would be near. 'I can't wait to see all the leaves changing color. Yes, more positivity. I'm doing good.'

As I enter the school twenty minutes early, the usual dreaded feeling fills me up. I take a big drink of my coffee hoping the warmth of the liquid will help. 'Deep breath in and out, soon the caffeine will kick in and I'll have enough energy to buzz around and trick myself into being happy.' I settle into my seat in the back corner by the window and start sketching with my music blaring in my earbuds. It always helps to keep my mind busy.

Over my loud music I could hear the revving of a motorcycle. Sneaking a peek out the window, I see him, the new kid. With practiced ease, he parks his bike on the other side of the road. He takes his helmet off revealing his neatly spiked black hair. He is tall-looking and muscular, I bet he packs one hell of a punch. 'Can't wait for Lila to turn him into one of her sheep.' No negativity Nettie, I remind myself and start back in on my sketch.

When the new kid arrives in the classroom, I don't bother to look up from sketching, I only pull my earbuds out, and say in a nonchalant tone just loud enough for him to hear "Your seat is next to me, the teacher wanted everyone to have a table partner." he didn't say anything so I continued barely louder than a whisper "I don't expect you to believe me, you've probably already heard all the rumors about me, shame if you're already one of Lila's sheep. Would be nice to have at least one person not glaring at me."

"Tt. I'm no sheep and I haven't met this Lila person yet." He growls out in an instant reply. My head snapped up my cheeks slightly pink in the embarrassment of judging him so quickly. My eyes instantly meet his Jade ones, "Sorry, that was rude of me, but you'll understand once the rest of the class is here." I quickly apologize and ramble out a reason. After my frantic rambling I take in his appearance, his skin was a nice tan complementing his green eyes perfectly. He wore jeans and a black turtle-neck, no jacket or gloves despite the bike. He makes a TT noise and rolls his eyes before sitting down next to me. His helmet makes a small thump as he sets it beside him. Then in slight reluctance with himself, he stuck out his hand to shake mine. "Damian Grayson." he introduces calmly. "Marinette Dupain-Cheng" I introduce cheerfully while shaking his hand. Feeling that neither of us wanted to talk I went back to sketching, to my surprise he also pulls out a sketchbook. His presence was nice, just having someone there, the extra scratching of a pencil on paper maybe. I for once didn't feel the need to put my headphones in. The silence was interrupted way too soon by Lila's sickening sweet voice "Since my mom is an Italian ambassador, I lived in Gotham for a while. While I was there I met the Waynes. I've known the youngest Damian since We were six. He is totally in love with me. He was so heartbroken when I had to leave." I started tuning the rest out only catching my Dami-boo this and that. Then the realization hit, that my elbow partner had the same first name. He must be dying of embarrassment, I'd probably be smashing my head into a wall by now if someone altered my name like that. I should check on my seatmate just in case of Akuma's.