Chapter 5: Tying Loose Ends

. . . Marinette POV . . .

I woke up with a groan and glance at the time. Nine in the morning Damian's family should all be back in Gotham by now. Leaving us alone for this whole week. Dick will be back on Friday and it is currently Saturday. Bruce asked for updates mainly on if anyone will adopt me. He also gave Damian the task of getting me a new phone today. There we go, just emailed Penny. Now it is time to find Damian.

In the living room, practicing with a Katana. That is where I found him. I have to admit I like the view. Watching his toned muscles move . . .
His cocky voice rang through the apartment "Like what you see?"
I slammed the door shut fast, and got ready for the day with cheeks a burning red.

. . . Damian POV . . .

Jamila and I arrived at the mall to get her a new phone. That doesn't run on her parent's plan. Also so that she has a different number. The hooligans at school don't deserve her number. I watched as she picked out a mobile phone, a card for minutes, a screen protector, and a plain phone case claiming she was going to decorate it. We got to the cash register and she decided to argue with me about paying for it. She told me that it is her phone, so she should pay for it. I hid my amusement and countered with, I want to, and my father told me to, before taking out my wallet, upon seeing this she quickly opens her purse, no doubt to try and find her wallet. I paid. She then looked at me with a glare so I simply stated "It is in your nightstand where I put it to avoid this type of conflict."

Once out of the store, she ran in head of me and stood on a bench to get the height advantage of domination, but only by like two inches. It was kind of comical. I stopped right in front of her challenging glare. She had her arms crossed over her chest. I don't know how long we stayed like that but her challenging glare soon turned into a cute pout. She hopped down off the bench. Of course, I caught her so I could kiss her pout. I set her down before she could get mad again.

. . . Alya POV . . .

I just watched the biggest scoop and got it on video. Damian Grayson kissing Marinette Dupain-Cheng if her parents didn't already kick her out they will now. That I've got proof, that girl is going down. Jagged Stone is landing in Paris today. I'm gonna get an interview. As soon as I mention Lila's name they'll have to let me in. Today is gonna be great.

. . . Jagged POV . . .

I just landed in Paris to surprise my honorary niece Nettie. This is gonna be so rock'n'roll. Penny got a message from her saying we needed to talk. The surprise she is in for when I walk into the bakery. The look on her face is gonna be so rock'n'roll. Even Fang is excited to see the tiny Blueberry. The car ride from the airport to the bakery took forever. Alas, we finally made it. "Nettie I'm here" I screamed after shoving the door open. Her parents looked . . . Horrified . . . Before regaining their composure and stating "She isn't here Mister Stone" Sabean then left for the back, and I spoke "That's alright. When will the little rock star be back?" Mr. Dupain looked a little angry but he ground out "Never, we kicked her out. After-" "What!?!" I cut him off. "Penny call her tell her, we are coming to her, or she is coming to us!" And I left without looking back all I could think of is, what happened to my little rock star?

"Jagged, she said she will be at the hotel in 15 minutes" "Alright let's get to the bottom of this" I told Penny trying to stay calm. "She also said she would be bringing a friend," Penny stated. The ride to the hotel passed quickly in my worry for my honorary niece. The ride was actually 10 minutes, giving me exactly 5, to pace around and think about what might have happened to my honorary niece. Which is so not very rock'n'roll of her.

. . . Marinette POV . . .

Damian and I have arrived at the hotel. I went straight to where Penny told me Uncle Jagged was staying. We were both hauling all the commissions, for his next big tour. I also saw Alya sneaking around, not very good obviously. Probably trying to interview someone.

I knocked on the door and it swung open, banging against the wall to reveal a very, very, worried Jagged Stone "Nettie I was so worried after I stopped at your parent's bakery. What happened?" He half yelled while pulling me into a bone-crushing hug. "Uncle Jagged can't breathe" I wheezed out.

"Oh sorry Nettie. Now get in here Fang wants to see you!" Jagged then spotted Damian, and recognition flashed in his eyes. Damian stepped in and Jagged shut the door. "Damian Wayne." Jagged stated.

"Jagged Stone." Damian replied.
They then proceeded to stiffly shake hands. I just went to greet Penny and Fang. The thing with being this small is people can be protective of you. I mean even Fang stood in between me and Damian till Damian gave him attention, that is.

I nervously started "So uncle Jagged. You should try on your commissions." Jagged did not look impressed at all. He said "Nice try, but not very rock'n'roll of you. I want answers first." I gulped. "As would I. Marinette what happened?" Penny asked. I swallowed dry, my palms starting to sweat, I took a deep breath before starting

"Well don't be mad, or anything. But I didn't want to burden anyone with my problems. So remember how three years ago, I got a new classmate named Lila. Well, she lied with every breath, and since I could see through her lies. She turned everyone against me. Then Damian came and they couldn't bully me anymore with him around me. So the class went to my parents and convinced them I was a horrible person and they believed them." I was trying hard not to cry. Damian had me in a tight hug and whispered "It will be okay Jamila." Before kissing my forehead. I was focusing on keeping my breathing even. When Uncle Jagged spoke "Well That wasn't very rock'n'roll of them." Penny voiced her concern next "Where have you been staying then Nettie?" I escaped. Damian's hug turned slightly pink before stuttering out "I. Uh I h-have been staying with D-Damian"
Jagged looks between the two of us. His protective uncle comes out "What, no, not happening. Who all do I have to fight in court for custody?" He then stood in between me and Damian.

I started beaming "Well, no one!" I ran to give Jagged a hug "Bruce said someone I know should adopt me, but If I couldn't find anyone he'd ask a friend. He also said that since you are always on tour, I didn't want to be a burden. I could stay with the Wayne's." Jagged hugged me back "Whatever you want, but you better have YOUR OWN room," he said laughing and putting emphasis on your own.

I started turning bright red and Damian turned pink. Jagged was now on the floor dying of laughter. While Penny stood there in her fit of giggles. When Jagged finally caught his breath he sat up from his place on the floor. Fang crawled onto his lap. "Penny get the adoption papers!" Jagged exclaimed brightly "Just don't start calling me dad it'll make me feel old, I'm still Uncle Jagged" I replied in a teasing tone "It's a deal, Dad!" before falling to the floor laughing from the look he gave me.

Damian then stated "I'll message my father the good news, he will probably message you Penny for arranging the situation."

"That would be great Damian" Penny stated back with a small smile. Damian continued "We are going to Gotham next weekend. If you would like to join us? There is plenty of room in the manor." "Sounds great!" Jagged exclaimed, "Penny can we?" Penny tapped away on her tablet before replying "Yes, I just cleared your schedule for next weekend, and the adoption papers will be ready to be signed on Monday at the courthouse to make it official but we need her parent's signatures first. Marinette will also have to be at the courthouse with us on Monday as well. Is that doable for you Nettie?" I beamed even brighter "Yes, it is Penny. Right after school, we will be there. Can we focus on the commissions now?" "Rock on!" Jagged shouted.

.
.
.

1530 words Rock on!

.
.
.
.
.