The Red Hood

Jump City, Three Years Later...

Jump City is seen at night, cars driving through the streets as people walked on the sidewalk. In an abandoned warehouse nearby, a group of thugs are seen around a round table talking.

Thug 1: "I know what you said. If you didn't set this up, then who's party is this?"

Thug 2: "I thought it was you Eastside losers. You already rolled over for the Black Mask ever since he came to Jump City and I thought you were gonna ask us in."

Thug 3: "Roll over? The Black Mask killed six of my crew in a month. SIX! Some of my best people..."

Thug 1: "So you didn't set up this meet?"

Thug 3: "Nah. I thought it was Titchi."

Titchi: "Wasn't me."

Thug 2: "Alright, to hell with this. I'm going. If you brain doners wanna hang around--"

"Sit down, Freddy."

A male voice says, cutting off the thug as everyone looks up at a catwalk.

Unknown Figure: "It's my meeting."

Thug 5: "Is it him? Batman?!"

Thug 3: "We didn't do nothin'!"

The thugs say in defense.

Unknown Figure: "Well, we all know that's a lie."

The figure says as he walks into the light, revealing himself to be a man wearing a red maks with domino eyes, a grey shirt, a leather jacket, jeans, and combat boots, holding an automatic rifle in his hand.

Titchi: "Who the hell are you?!"

Thug 1: "Smoke him!"

They all pull out their guns and take aim at the maksed suspect, only for the leather jacket-cladded man to fire first. Bullets rain down as the thugs move for cover, the lead piercing the wooden table.

Unknown Man: "I said sit down!"

Thug 2: "Do you really wanna die?! There's easier ways to kill yourself!"

Unknown Man: "Yeah, like yelling at the guy holding the AK-47." *leans over railing* "Listen to me you drug-handling scumbags, I will be running the drug trade from now on. You're the most prosperous street dealers in Jump City, so I'm offering you morons a deal. You go about your business as usual, but give 40% to me. That's a sweeter deal than the scraps the Black Mask is giving you."

The man smiles under his mask.

Unknown Man: "In return, you will have full protection from both Black Mask and the Titans. But you stay away from kids and schoolyards. No dealing to children, got that?! If you do... You're dead."

Thug 1: "Okay, crazy man. This is all very generous, but why the hell should we listen to you?"

Thud!