Prologue

Raj Al Gul's Monastery, 2000

Inside the base for the League of Assassins, Raj Al Gul's servant is seen looking at him as Raj looks out the window. The the head of the LoA drops his cup of wine to the floor, spilling it.

Raj Al Gul: "I should have never allied myself with that madman."

He turns around and walks up to his servant.

"Where are they?"

Servant: "In Sarajevo, sir. And... he has the boy."

Sarajevo

At night, Robin and Batman are seen on their motorcycles as they ride through the snow, struggling to go faster.

Meanwhile, in an abandoned warehouse, [Y/N] Todd, aka Red Robin, is seen sitting down on his knees as he looks down to the ground. His Robin suit was slightly covered in blood as his domino mask was torn. He looks up, only to be hit in the face by a crowbar and fall to his side.

Joker: "Wow. That looked like it really hurt."

The madman smiles evilly, raising the crowbar once more and striking [Y/N] in the face with it more as [Y/N] cries out in pain

Joker: "Oh, now hang on. That looked like it hurt a lot more. So, let's try to clear this up, kay, pumpkin?"

The Joker smiles as he raises the crowbar into the air once more.

"What hurts more? A?" *strike and grunt* "Or B?" *strike and grunt* "Forehand?" *strike and grunt* "Or backhand?" *strike and grunt*

The Joker laughs, enjoying the torture he's bringing upon the Red Robin as the boy turns around and mumbles something.

Jokee: "A little louder lambchop. I think you may have a collapsed lung. That always impedes the oratory."

The Clown Prince of Crime says as he lowers himself to [Y/N]'s level, only for the [H/C]-haired teen to spit blood on the Joker's white face. This makes the Joker slam the Red Robin's face into the ground

Joker: "Now that was rude. The other Boy Blunder has manners. Maybe you should get taught them."

Joker says as he cleans off his face with a handkerchief, looking at [Y/N] to see that he was smiling at him with bloodied teeth.

Joker: "I suppose I'm going to have to teach you a lesson so you can better follow in your brother's footsteps." *pauses* "Nah. I'm just gonna keep beating you with this crowbar."

The Joker laughs maniacally as he steps on [Y/N]'s back, making him grunt from the pain as he looks at the Joker with his [E/C] eyes.

Back with Raj Al Gul, he walks up to a window.

Raj Al Gul: "Where is the detective and the other boy?"

Servant: "Their on their way. But sir... they won't make it there on time."

Raj Al Gul closes his eyes as he lowers his head in shame, knowing very well he caused this boy's death.

Back in Saliago, Batman and the other Robin speed their way through the empty and snow-covered streets of an abandoned town as they struggle to reach [Y/N]. But they will be too late...

At the warehouse, the door opens to reveal the Joker putting a winter coat over his suit.

Joker: "Okay, cupcake, I gotta go. It's been fun, though, right?"

He tells and asks the Red Robin as he stares into the darkness of the building, seeing [Y/N] scrunched up on the floor in pain.

Joker: "Well, maybe a smidge more fun for me. I don't know about you. I'm just guessing since you're being awfully quiet." *places coat around his body* "Anyway, be a good boy, finish your homework, and be in bed by nine. And hey! Please tell the big man and the little boy I said "Hello"."

He laughs once more, closing the door as he walks out into the snowy night. His laugh echoes through the night as [Y/N] could be seen opening his eyes. He rolls onto his back and slips his cuffed hands over his feet, bringing them in front of him as he pushes himself to his feet. [Y/N] stands with a hunched back, looking around as he stumbled across the floor in an attempt to reach the door. He doesn't. Instead he falls facefirst into the ground with a grunt. He the goes with a new plan, crawling his way across the floor as his blood trails behind him, painting the grey floor crimson red. With each heave he grunts as he crawls across the floor, only to find that the door to the building was locked. He couldn't escape. Realizing he just had to wait for Batman and Robin to come and rescue him, he lays his back against the metal door in wait.

Beep...
Beep...
Beep...
Beep...

[Y/N]'s eyes snap open in surprise, turning his head to see a nearby bomb nearly ready to blow.

0:09

Just nine seconds left. Nine seconds until he dies. He knew not even Batman could save him now, so he stopped panicking. He accepted it. He was ready for death.

Outside, Batman and Robin jump off their bikes as they run to the warehouse to save their partner...

... only to be too late. Fire exploded from the building as it blew apart from the inside out. Debris flew everywhere as Robin's eyes went wide.

Robin: "[Y/N]!"

He cried out, running over to the blown debris in search for his brother. Batman follows him, going to look as well... only to find the dead body of his adopted son, and Robin's adopted brother.

Batman: "No..."

Robin walks over to his dead brother's body, lifting it up as tears fell from behind his domino mask.

[Replace Batman with Robin]

Robin: "[Y/N]... no. No, please don't be gone. Please. Please..."

Batman places his hand on Robin's shoulder, making the boy look up at his mentor and seeing the sorrowful look in his eyes. Robin cried, lowering his head as he hugged his brother's body. They both knew it. Red Robin... [Y/N] Todd was no more.