Chapter 8

You woke to Severus already up and holding Elieen. You looked over at him and smiled, smiling at how loving he was to your child. Severus had his back to you and suddenly spoke something to the baby. "Your mommy (/daddy) is really sleepy, we don't want to wake them do we? I will take you outside to look at the sheep" Severus said, moving toward the stairs and opening the door, going outside. You hop out and watch Severus as he points at the sheep and kisses the child's cheek. He was so adorable. You went back to bed smiling, Elieen had changed Severus even more for the better and you loved how much he loved her.

Severus came back in, Elieen holding some sheep fur that had been snagged on barbed wire. "Uh uh, don't eat it" Severus said, slowly guiding her hand away from her mouth. "You don't want it in your mouth" Elieen held it in her fist and shook it, looking up at Severus and dribbling slightly. Severus put Elieen down and whipped her mouth, making sure she wouldn't try to eat the fur again.

"Morning Sev" you murmured, coming up behind him.

"Good morning darling" he mused, turning to you and kissing you gently. "It is a good day for a picnic"

"Is it?" you asked. "Well why don't we go out for one then"

"sounds perfect" Severus mused, turning around and again stopping Elieen from eating the fur in her hand. "Don't eat the fur little one" he said, pulling it away from her and stroking it against her cheek, making her giggle and Severus chuckle. You meanwhile went into the kitchen and packed some sandwiches and other things for the picnic and then some baby food. You came out of the kitchen to see Severus holding Elieen tenderly, the wool back in her hand.

Severus placed Elieen in the little carrier and together you walked out of the house and up the track. The forest was beautiful and the slow wind rustled the trees slightly as you walked. After a short walk you found yourself in a tiny clearing and you sat down on the grass with Severus. Severus took Elieen out of the small carrier and placed her on the grassy ground. She immediately started to crawl away, into the forest so Severus took out his wand and lifted her off the ground and back toward him which made you laugh slightly as Elieen hovered back, confused and back into her father's arms. "No running away now" he said, placing Elieen down on the blanket which you had put the food onto.

"She is like you" Severus said, stopping Elieen from wandering off again by picking her up.

"How come?" you asked.

"She likes wandering off and exploring" Severus mused, placing Elieen on his lap and stroking her hair.

"There is nothing wrong with that" you said, pouring some sparkling wine.

"When you are older you can" Severus said to the child and he took the glass, drinking it.

Severus sighed and looked away into the trees, remembering the past, he would have never imagined this would happen, he thought he would have died, but now he was living in peace with a child he had always wished for. He looked back at you and Elieen, he wondered if his mother was proud of him, proud of what he did, and where he was now. Severus looked up at the sky, the clouds lazily going past.

Severus felt a hand on his thigh and he looked down to see you had shifted closer to him and gave him a knowing look, understanding. Severus nodded, looking down at Elieen who had taken her father's reflection as a time to crawl away again. You chuckled, kissing Severus's head and going after the child, picking her up and coming back.

"We are here Sev" you said, holding Elieen to you. "We are here, and safe. The past is gone, it cannot hurt us anymore unless we let it"

Severus nodded and took some food into his mouth, still thinking slightly about the past. You placed Elieen down in her carrier and hugged Severus, nuzzling your face into his chest. Severus hugged back, just needing to hold someone, so he could forget about the past properly.