2

Alaska POV

DC finishes his lecture and allows the states to disperse as the first provinces start to come in. Alaska hangs back trying to avoid the crowd while still keeping an eye on whos coming in. He doesn't recognize the first few, so he tries to melt into the wall and luckily none of them come towards him. He almost feels bad for the poor province who went towards Florida and Louisiana. Almost.

Alaska easily looks over to thinning crowd as the second wave comes in and smiles, recognizing all of them. A few of them wave but one of the territories walks right over to him.Nunavut engulfs the state in a huge hug that he hesitantly returns. "I'm so glad you stayed for this, I was really nervous about coming." The territory admits.

"Lets get out of the crowd." Alaska says, looking around at all the people. He is sure to wave at North-West-Territories as the two head to the garage.

Nunavut groans and flops down onto his friend's bed as Alaska closes the door blocking out the noise of a ton of people outside. Alaska sits down beside him. "So, what did you think of Gov?" He asks.

"Typical uptight politician who thinks he knows better than you." The territory responds. Alaska laughs.

He pulls out his computer from under the bed. "Want to call Hawaii?" Nunavut nods.

Facetime rings for a minute before the state answers her phone. "Aloha."

"Hi." Nunavut says.

"What are you doing over at the statehouse?" She asks the young territory.

Alaska answers for his friend. "Cultural exchange."

Hawaii giggles. "Almost sorry I'm missing it." Alaska gives her a look clearing saying 'Please come' "Almost" she repeats, giggling again.

The conversation is interrupted by someone knocking on the door. Alaska opens it to reveal North-West-Territories.

The older territory walks in and sits next to his brother. "There are so many states."

Everyone laughs. "To be honest I don't know how Gov manages all of those mainlanders." Hawaii jokes.

Nunavut pulls out his phone. "Music?" Alaska nods and A Tribe Called Red starts playing quietly.

Chu ain't livin' by the G code
What the fuck is fleek though?
Don't ask them, what do he know?
What I forgot is better than whatever they remember
Never mind, I'm off it, it's quiet form

"How do you guys think the provinces are going to handle being around the lower 48?" Alaska asks the group.

"New Brunswick is going to cause problems despite his twin's babysitting. Labrador is going to annoy everyone and BC is going not going to last five minutes before she heads back home." N-W-T says.

"This is going to be a disaster." Hawaii jokes. The others laugh, but in all honesty, they know its true.