1

A.N. I am from new Brunswick FYI so it will be focusing a lot on the atlantic. 

New Brunswick's POV:

The bus pulls up to a moderate house almost in the middle of nowhere and Ontario rushes everyone out onto the front yard. New Brunswick is sure to stay close to his twin sister, Nova Scotia, who also seems to be keeping an eye on their younger sibling Pei.

"Alright everyone." Canada starts standing in front of the group. "I need you to be on your best behavior. This is just a two-day cultural exchange with the states and one of their table meetings. Not complicated. So don't make me regret bringing everyone." Her tone is light.

Just as Canada finishes speaking a shorter man with a white dress shirt and a blue tie, matched with black pants walks over to Canada and shakes her hand. The two start talking too quietly for the Atlantic province to hear so he turns over to his younger sibling.

"What do you think?" He asks Pei.

The shorter one studies the man talking to the capitol for a moment before speaking. "He looks normal, but you know what they say about Americans."

New Brunswick nods. Everyone knows what the news makes the country look like. A divided mess that can't get anything worthwhile done without a huge fight. (Woops. That got political)

Canada whistles, bringing everyone's attention to the front again. "Hello, I am the United States government or Gov for short." the American says. "We've set up tents in the backyard for you guys to stay in while you are here. Once you are settled in you can come meet the states."

Gov leads the small group of provinces to the backyard and Canada separates them into tents. "Atlantic, you guys are over here." She points to one of the smaller tents on the far side of the yard.

The siblings walk through the small door to see the tent separated into two parts. "I'll take this side with Labrador." Newfoundland offers. The maritime provinces nod immediately. No one wants to deal with her right now.

"I want to stay with the North though." Speaking of the devil. Canada practically drags Newfoundland's wife into the tent.

"We get our own room dear." Newfoundland tries to bargain.

"Fine." The blond grumbles.

New Brunswick struggles not to roll his eyes. He will never understand why his oldest brother married the biggest drama queen in the country, making her part of the Atlantic.

"Ten minutes then you all need to be in the house to meet the states." Canada says, obviously struggling not to glare at Labrador.

As soon as the government leaves Nova Scotia grabs New Brunswick and PEI and drags them to the other side of the tent. "Both of you better be on your best behavior." She growls.

"We have it under control." New Brunswick shrugs.

His twin sighs. "At leased stay together and try to avoid the important states." She says.

"Fine." Prince Edward Island grumbles.

She looks to her twin who nods in agreement smiling. Those rules sound easy enough to follow and still allow him to hang out with Maine.

She hustles the two out of the tent behind Newfoundland and into the house. Like the outside the place looks modest but nice. NB overhears a few of the other provinces saying it looks cheep but to him in is about average. The poorest province isn't exactly the best to tell what seems cheep or not.

Gov is talking to the states when they make it to the living room. He quickly finishes up his speech and the huge group of states disperse. "Please stay together." Nova Scotia whispers as New Brunswick and Pei head off in different directions.

New Brunswick looks over the sea of heads trying to find Maine but comes up with nothing. He finds himself next to a smaller man with a tank top, shorts, flipflops and a light blue sunhat as well as an average sized guy with a black sports jersey, some cheep looking necklace and a plastic cup in his hand presumably filled with some kind of alcohol.

"Louisiana?"

"New Brunswick?"

NB smiles then goes for a hug that the American state hesitantly returns. "Est-que tu parles encore français?" (Do you still speak french?)

"I kind of made my own dialect over time." Louisiana admits.

New Brunswick giggles. "Same. Quebec is still mad at me for Chiac."

Louisiana laughs. "This is Florida." He says gesturing to the guy beside him.

NB sticks his hand out and says the greeting the Nova Scotia drilled into him. "Hi. I'm New Brunswick, an Atlantic province focused on tourism, farming, and fishing."

Instead of responding in kind, Florida pouts. "This one is boring."

"No, he ain't sha." Louie says. "Unless he changed over the years."

The two look at the Atlantic province skeptically. "No reports to my sister?" He asks, putting his hand down.

The two just smile and gesture for him to follow them. He takes that as a yes and allows them to lead him outside and away from the ears of their bosses.

The moist air has a slight chill to it as the three settle down under a tree a ways away from the house.

"You wanna help us prank the other provinces sha?" asks Louisiana.

New Brunswick smiles and nods. "Who do we start with."

Pei's POV

New Brunswick and Pei both run in different directions to get away from their sister as soon as they get in the house. Pei swerves trying not to bump into any of the states until they deem themselves far enough away from Nova Scotia.

Pei turns to the closest state and sticks out his hand "Prince Edward Island, the smallest Canadian province." He says proudly copying the greeting they were taught by Nova Scotia.

The state hesitantly shakes his hand. "Rode Island. The smallest state." He says. "You have Ann of Green Gables, right?"

Pei nods and prepares to start answering the usual dumb questions when the state snickers. "Bet you get asked so many annoying questions that people could just google."

The province laughs a little bit. "Ya, actually."

"Well, I'm going to sneak off before anyone else tries to talk to me. Do me a favor and don't tell any of your friends I exist."

Pei opens his mouth to respond but the state has already disappeared down the hallway.

"There you are." The small province looks up to see Newfoundland already with alcohol in his hand. "Nova Scotia has been looking for you. It's a big crowd so you might want to stay with her for the rest of the day." Pei sighs and allows their older brother to lead them back to their prison. 

A.N. Am I accadently writng this with a ton of possible characture development for Pei? Lets not harp on it. 

I think I am going to focus on the Territories next then do incorrect quotes. If you guys have any suggestions for what happens next I have no ideas other than that.