Part 13

2 weeks later

Adrian POV

I worked with Destiny at Foot Locker, she told her managers about me which let them hire me right away.

"Let me get a size 7 in these" some girl who looked about my age asked me.

Adrian- "Aight, in the color white?" I asked while pointing at the Air Force 1's.

Laura- "Yea, wait don't I know you" she said while getting up from the seat where she was trying on shoes.

Adrian- "Uhh I don't know" I said while looking in her face to see if she was familiar.

Laura- "Are you Tamera son, I'm Laura by the way?" she said while smiling.

Adrian- "yea... how you know my mom" I asked while furrowing my eyebrows.

Laura- "I'm your step sister, I know your Adrian" she said while pulling out her phone

She showed me a picture of her and my dad, I felt so hurt and betrayed looking at how Happy my dad looked in the picture with Laura and her mom.

"I'm sorry about what happened to your mom, dad told me that she committed suicide" she said while rubbing her arm.

My skin started to boil, all types of emotions was running through my body, I was so mad that he lied about my mom death when he was the one who killed her.

Destiny- "Is everything ok" She said while walking up to the girl.

Adrian- "yea, I'm go get her shoe size" I said while turning away from Laura.

Destiny POV

I seen Adrian, walk away with anger, I didn't know what was going on, I wanted to run back their to him to see what happened but the managers there was stalking us heavy ever since they found out me and Adrian were a couple.

Destiny- "what's going on here?" I asked while crossing my arms.

Laura- "oh I was just telling your co worker that I'm his step sister, we have the same dads and different moms" she said with a smile

Destiny- "Huh?" I said with confusion on my face.

Laura- "why are you worried about him anyways?"  She said looking at me with her eyebrows furrowed

Destiny- "I'm his girlfriend Destiny" I said with confidence.

Laura- "oh, I see now" she said

Adrian walked back in from the back of the store with Laura shoe size. He gave her the shoes and walked to the other side of the store.

Laura- "He seems upset with me" she said while trying on the shoe which was a perfect fit.

Destiny- "yea, I can ring you up at check out" I said while walking to the register.

Laura- "Thank you Destiny, it was nice seeing you and Adrian" She said with a small smile while grabbing her bag.

Destiny- "it was nice meeting you too" I said while handing her a receipt.

Laura- "oh here's my number...just in case if Adrian wants to talk to me since I'm his sis" She said with a smile.

********************************************

Adrian POV

Me and Destiny was finally off of work, I didn't really speak to her because I was still pissed about earlier. I couldn't get that picture of my dad and his new family out my mind.

Adrian- "you want to get something to eat" I said while opening the car door for Destiny.

Destiny- "Yea, but let's talk about what happened earlier" she said while I got into the car.

Adrian- "I don't want to talk about it" I said while scrolling through my phone.

Destiny- "Come on Bae, I already know part of it" she said while holding his hand

Adrian-"Great, you know my dad left me for another family" I said annoyed

Destiny-"Just chill" she said

Adrian- "you know what hurts more than him leaving me for another family"  I said while looking Destiny in her eyes.

Destiny- "What?" She said while staring at me.

Adrian- "He lied to his new family about my moms death" I said while putting my head down on the steering wheel.

Destiny- "oh my....what did he say" she asked me in shock.

Adrian- "He told em that my mom committed suicide". I said with a crack in my voice.

Destiny- "Baby, it's ok" she said while rubbing the back of my head.

Adrian- "When will it really be ok tho ma?" I asked while looking her in the eyes.

Destiny-"when you make yourself believe that your ok, I know the things your dad did to you and your mom wasn't right but you can't make yourself or life miserable because of him" she said while looking me in my eyes.

Adrian- "I've been holding this sh*t in for years and now finally I'm informed on more bull about that punk" I said while looking at Destiny.

Destiny- "It's your time to tell the truth to your step sister" she said while handing me a piece of paper.

Adrian- "who number is this?" I said confused

Destiny- "it's Laura number...she said you may want to talk to her" she said

Adrian- "Nah I don't wanna talk to her right now, maybe soon or maybe never, I really don't know" I said while throwing the piece of paper into my glove compartment.

Destiny-"I love you baby, don't let this put you down today, you was just hyper before that girl came" she said while rubbing the side of my face.

Adrian- "I love you too ma, I'm straight now" I said while kissing her hand.

Just by talking to Destiny helped me feel better, her soft voice and kind words made me really feel ok.

******************************************

Destiny POV

We made it out the restaurant with our to go boxes, he was cracking jokes and acting like his self again, I really hated to see him upset, I just wanted to make him happy.

Adrian- "Ma, you wanna head back to the crib now he said while looking at me.

Destiny- "Yea, I said while holding his hand"

30 minutes later

Adrian- "what movie you tryin to watch ma?" He said while scrolling through the Netflix shows on my tv.

Destiny- "Let's watch Boys n The Hood" I said while smiling at him

Adrian- "Aight, I haven't watched that in a minute" he said while clicking on the movie and laying in my bed.

Destiny- "turn the volume up" I said while laying on his chest wrapped in the blanket.

He turned the volume up and gave me a kiss on my forehead, I just stared at his handsome self while smiling. That boy is really something special no matter what he has been through, I thought to my self as I snuggled closer to him.