Seven

Ittakes awhile before Divan and I decide the others are taking toolong, so we go outside. Mika is desperately chasing after Faladae,and Neva is right outside the den.

"Ah,I thought you two would be here." He chuckles and Divan laughs.

"It'salways the best spot." Divan replies joyfully.

Ithink that nothing can ruin his mood right now.

Suddenlya howl breaks the silence we have all fallen into. Someone is cominginto our territory from the east. There is a small grove of treesover there making it impossible to see the intruders.

"Let'sgo." Divan barks, all the hair on his back standing straight up.

Wefollow him as he sprints towards the trees. For the intruder'ssake, I hope they haven't yet entered our territory.

Twogray wolves stand at the edge of our newly made border. Hacklesraised, we all approach cautiously, but still they wait for us tomake the first move.

"Whatdo you want, intruders?" Divan demands, and the bigger one, themale, steps forward.

"Mysister and I came from our pack- the Point Pack to the east. We werethrown from the pack because we are the runts, and we have beentrying to find a new pack to join ever since." He tells us.

Whenhe first began speaking, he had held his head raised above Divan's,though he swiftly lowered it as he spoke. I stand beside Divan,watching the female. She wags her tail friendlily at me, averting hereyes to the ground.

"Andhow can we trust that you will not bring harm to this pack?" Divandemands, sitting down.

It'sa good sign- he's not as guarded as before.

"Ipromise no harm will come to your pack by our jaws. My name is Juva,and this is my sister Ilin." The male replies meekly.

"Fine,you can enter our territory for now. Let me think more about youjoining our pack." Divan finally stated, standing back up, "butone wrong move and I'll kill you and drive your sister out." Hesnaps before turning his back.

Thetwo step forward and the rest of us swarm over to sniff at them.

"What'sit like in the east? Is it warmer?" Faladae asks.

Juvalaughs and replies with, "No, it's the same as here, maybe alittle colder."

Ifeel like telling him where we are from, but it feels like I would bebragging.

Ilintrots over to me.

"Areyou the omega?" She asks, curious.

"No,I'm not." I laugh, and turn to chase after Divan.

"Let'sgo to the den! Neva, let's show them the den!" Faladae barks andruns ahead of me.

Divanis just disappearing into the den, so I pick up the pace. Behind me Ihear Mika saying,

"Divanand Mana are the alphas. Ilin, please don't disrespect Mana."

Ifind Divan lying down in the back.

"Hey,can I lay with you?" I ask, and he sighs.

"Whatshould I do? I don't want to drive them off, but I don't wantthem to join us." He tells me gloomily as I snuggle up next to him.

"Justtell them they can only stay temporarily, but then they must moveon." I suggest and he sighs again. T

herest of the pack along with the newcomers come in.