Heart aches

Bennys POV:

Squints punched me as hard as he could on my cheek, making it bleed. I wasn't going to fight him, but I knew I needed to get to Ella. I quickly pushed him off me and got up to my feet so I could run after her.

I sprinted as fast as I could, making my way through the crowd and towards the door. Too many people were trying to stop me and talk to me about "winning" the fight when all I did was push him off of me.

By the time I got to the opened doors, she was nowhere to be found. What did I do? I should've never let her talk me into coming. We could've been at my house watching Austin and Alley with Lilly like always instead of falling into Wendy's stupid trap. I knew something was off about the party, I should've stopped Ella from drinking.

I stood there at the bottom of the steps out of breath with blood running down my cheek. Squint's had a good punch, I'm not even mad he hit me. I deserved it, I kissed Wendy Peffercorn right in front of Ella.

I was too shocked to push her away, I didn't know what to do. I just froze, and Ella saw it. I'm a terrible boyfriend, this is all my fault.

For a second, I thought about running after her, but I didn't. She was probably already home by now and has told her dad everything.

I sat on the bottom steps with my head in my arms resting on my knees. My eyes started watering until I heard footsteps coming down the steps.

"Benny?" Wendy's voice came from beside me, "what's wrong?"

I looked up at her with pure hate in my eyes. Never before have I wanted to hit a woman, but she wasn't even one. She was a raging bitch who just made me lose the first girl I've ever loved that I'm not related to.

"What's wrong? Really?" I raised my voice and stood up, "You kissed me in front of Ella!"

"Did you not like it?" she said acting like the victim.

"No! Of course, I didn't like it!" I yelled, causing everyone in the front yard to come and watch what was going on, "you knew she was watching, didn't you?"

One guy started videoing, which made a bunch of other people record our argument as well.

"What? I had no idea, I would never-"

"Don't act like you're so innocent," I spat, "you've been obsessed with me from day one. Did it even occur to you that I don't want you?"

"Benny boo-"

"You came onto me. I have and will never have any sort of feelings for a bitch like you. Ella is way better than you'll ever be and you just screwed up our relationship, "I yelled.

The crowd "ooo'd" as we argued as if it was a tv show or something. I was too angry to care, but I could tell it was getting under her skin.

"Do you even know who I am kid?" she said, her words sour and dark.

"As a matter of fact, I do. I don't get how any guy would ever wanna be with you." I said as I walked away.

For some reason, they all cheered as I left like I had just done something heroic.

Wendy watched me make my way through the crowd then started yelling again.

"I'm Wendy fucking Peffercorn! I can get any guy I want! It's your loss!" she screamed then turned to one of the cameras, "what the fuck are you looking at?" then shoved her way back inside.

I had to get to Ella. I ran as fast as I could down the sidewalks and back to our street. I had a feeling that flowers wouldn't fix anything this time.