Pool Day

June 11, 2021

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock going off at 6:00 am. I reached for my phone that was charging on my nightstand to check my texts and snaps to see I had gotten a text from Benny.

Benny
All the boys are going to the pool today if you want to join. 

Me
Sounds like fun :)

I got out of bed and went over to the drawer full of my baiting suits and picked out my favorite bikini. It had a navy blue top and white bottoms.

I quickly put it on and pulled on an extra big black t-shirt and white Nike shorts over it

I quickly put it on and pulled on an extra big black t-shirt and white Nike shorts over it. I packed my drawstring bag with sunglasses, sunscreen, my Polaroid, $20, and dry clothes just in case then I ran downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Where are you going?" Dad asked while leaning against the kitchen counter, taking a sip of his coffee.

"To the pool with the boys," I said grabbing a piece of bacon off a plate.

"Do you need a ride? I don't want you walking alone in a baiting suit." He said with a serious expression on his face.

"No, it's okay. I'll ask Benny if I can walk with him." I said taking my phone out to text him.

My dad just smiled and took another sip of coffee.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing." A smirk grew on his face.

"Really? We've been over this. Bennys just a friend. I'm with Jake." I said texting Benny.

Me
Hey, can I walk with you? My dad doesn't want me walking alone in a baiting suit.

"Yeah, I know." He said, his mood darkening.

"What? What's wrong with Jake?" I said setting my phone down.

"Nothings wrong with Jake..." he said setting his coffee down and walking over towards the bacon to grab a piece for himself. "...he's just a little..."

"A little what?" I said crossing my arms.

"What do the kids call it these days?" He said setting his elbows on the counter and taking a bite of bacon. "Oh! Clingy!"

"He is not-"

Before I could finish my sentence, my phone buzzed so I checked it.

Benny
Sounds good. I'll pick you up :)

Me
Kk!

"You know what. Never mind." I said taking a seat at the island in the middle of the kitchen.

I ate two pieces of bacon and an egg before Benny knocked on the door. As I stood up my dad shot up from the couch.

"I'll get it!" He jogged towards the door.