(Chapter 25)

+Alexis+

I put in my pink headphones, and started playing some music. Kyle sat opposite me, in the business class chair. I could tell he was bursting to say something. I sighed, and pulled my headphones out.

“Hello, Kyle,” I said, patiently. “What’s up?”

“So you’re just going to go?” he burst out. I knew he’d wanted to say something. “Just like that?”

The plane’s engine started, and I smiled.

“Seems like it.”

“But…what about everything? What about Max?”

I closed my eyes. “Kyle, we’ve talked about this. I have to go. I have to start my life again.”

“Why? Is it because of Max? Max will definitely forgive you, if you just say sorry.”

“Kyle, that’s not –!” A business woman to my left glared at me, and I shot her a glare back.

“Or is it because you’re afraid to face him?” Kyle continued. “Because that would just make you a coward, Alexis.”

I bristled, ignoring the fact that everyone in business class seemed to be staring at us. “I’m not being a coward, okay? I just…can’t… This doesn’t matter anyway, Kyle, okay? Because right now, I’m leaving for India. It’s all over. Forget about it.”

“What if Max did forgive you?”

“Kyle, I –”

“Answer me, Alexis,” he said. His eyes were very sharp, as they stared into mine. “Answer.”

I was silent, thinking. Then I told him the truth. “I would be incredibly happy.”

“Right,” Kyle said, leaning back into his chair, and getting his own music player out. He shoved headphones into his ears, and closed his eyes.

I hit his knee, and he winced. “What the hell was that?” Kyle asked.

“Is that it?” I demanded, suddenly angry. “Isn’t this the touching moment you convince me to do something, and make me go back?”

“I thought you said it didn’t matter. I thought you’d given up.”

“I…” He smirked. “Oh, shut up Kyle.”

“Anyway, it’s too late. We’re taking off now, anyway,” he said, as the scenery started rolling past our plane window. He was right. It was over. No time for regrets, now.

I lay back in my chair, staring blindly at the window of the plane as we took off.

A couple minutes later, some angry shouting burst through the music playing in my headphones. I pulled them out, and the shouting became a lot louder.

“Sir, you can’t go through there! You don’t have a pass.”

I rolled my eyes. Some crazy commoner trying to get into business class. Typical.

“I’m going to have to ask you to step away, sir.”

Kyle stood up, and I frowned at him. What was he doing?

“I’ll trade places with you, sir, if you want,” he called, through to the economy seats. Everyone in business class stared at him like he was crazy.

What was he up to? I stared at him, until he disappeared through the curtain. Was this some kind of new bullying he was trying out, and forcing me to sit with some economy-class freak?

I looked resolutely down, deciding to simply pretend I was interested in my hands for the rest of the flight, and kill Kyle when we get off the plane.

From the corner of my eye, I watched the guy come in, and sit down opposite me. I tried to ignore him, and I turned up the volume.

He leaned forwards, and plucked the wireless earbud from my eyes.

“You –”

I looked into his green eyes, gaping. Oh my God. Oh my God… My heart started fluttering, double-pace against my ribcage.

Thu-thud. Thu-Thud.

“Max,” I whispered. “What are you…?”

His eyes shone as he smirked at me.

Thu-thud. Thu-Thud.

“What am I doing here? What do you think I’m doing here?”

Tears came to my eyes. “Max…I’m so sorry… I should never have… but it meant nothing to me, I swear. Carter meant nothing to me. I don’t…I’m so sorry…”

Suddenly, water splashed around my hair, completely drenching me straight to the clothes.

I blinked, staring at Max. He clutched his open, empty water bottle in his hand, blinking at me. All the suited people in business class all stared at me, open-mouthed.

“You…son of a –”

He pushed a finger against my mouth, shutting me up. Max leaned down, so there was only an inch between our faces.

Thu-thud. Thu-Thud.

“Why do you always do that?” I whispered. “Why do you always do that to me…Always soak me with water, you…bastard?”

“Alexis…” he whispered, his lips curling up into a sad smile. “I only wanted to wash away your tears…”

I closed my eyes, as he wound his fingers into my hair. He was here…he was really here… suddenly, a floodgate opened and everything came out.

“I’m sorry, Max…” I blurted out, tears flowing down my face, ignoring the gawking passengers. “I couldn’t trust you for so long. It’s just that I’ve been hurt before, and I couldn’t go through that again. I thought…you would hurt me. I thought you were a player. I didn’t know…”

“Say it, then.”

“Say what?” I was confused.

“Say those three words.”

Thu-thud. Thu-Thud.

“Max…I –”

“Say it, and I’ll forgive you. Say it, and I’ll let it all go.”

Thu-thud. Thu-Thud.

“Say it!” a teenage boy with a bad hair cut and a suit yelled. I glared at him. He probably thought this was like porn, or something.

“Go on,” his Mom called, cheering.

“Say it!”

“I…” I said, staring uncertainly into Max’s green eyes. “I…Max…”

Thu-thud. Thu-Thud.

“Alexis, I’m begging you. Please say it.”

“Max…I…lobe…you.”

He pulled me into a hug, smiling. “We’ll work on it. But one thing, Alexis, I just wanted to say... I lobe you too.”

And then he kissed me.

Thu-thud. Thu-Thud. Thud-thud-thud-thud…

***

“So where does this plane go?”

“New Delhi.”

“Sure. Fun.”

***

Thu-thud. Thu-Thud.

***
Author's Note: THE LAST PART!!!! :( But I am uploading my new story later tonight XxX

VOMMENT!!!!

My official Author's Note is next page...