Battles for Advantage

(November 25, 2020...)

On screen...

The Titantron showed William Regal, sitting in his office with a serious look on his face.

"As you know, War Games is around the corner." He announced to the cheers of the audience. "While it is clear that our main event will be the Undisputed Era vs REBIRTH vs Team McAfee, I would like to take the opportunity to finally announce that there will be another War Games match pitting the following competitors:..."

The screen proceeded to flash vignettes of specific NXT wrestlers as Regal continued his announcement.

"The team of Rhea Ripley, Ember Moon, Shotzi Blackheart, and Toni Storm against the team of Dakota Kai, Raquel Gonzalez, Tegan Nox, and Mercedes Martinez!"

That sent the crowd into a frenzy with yet another War Games match confirmed. The screen cut back to the General Manager in his office.

"Now, onto matters for tonight. There will be two ladder matches for War Games advantage. The first one, our main event tonight, will pit Shotzi Blackheart against Dakota Kai. The second one, our main event for next week, will be between Oney Lorcan of Team McAfee, Alex Shelley of REBIRTH, and Roderick Strong of the Undisputed Era! I bid all competitors good luck!"

(Later...)

The first Ladder Match for the War Games advantage briefcase was underway. In this case, Dakota Kai had Shotzi Blackheart on her shoulders, in the middle of the ring and primed for a Go To Kick, but Shotzi wiggled out and caught her with a Clothesline.

"Blackheart narrowly escapes a GTK and makes Kai pay for it!" Beth announced.

"They're both down, but only one can seize the advantage for their team for War Games!"

The two competitors slowly began to get up as Dakota's eyes wandered to one of the nearby ladders. With a low growl, she rolled out of the ring as quickly as she can to grab it, eager to either seize the briefcase or smash Shotzi with it. As Dakota got the ladder in the ring, Shotzi caught her off guard with a Baseball Slide, causing her to tumble onto the barricade.

Shotzi quickly took the advantage and set Dakota up for a Suplex onto the mat, only for the Kiwi to counter and Suplex her on the ladder instead!

Seizing her chance, Dakota managed to push the ladder into the ring before rolling back in to set it up. As she did so, she did not notice Shotzi surprising her with a German Suplex, causing Dakota to roll out of the ring. The crowd got louder as the green-haired Filipina began to climb the ladder.

"She's about to get it!" Beth exclaimed.

"Wait a minute!" Vic exclaimed as, to the surprise of everyone, Shotzi felt someone grab her leg from down below. It was Tegan Nox! With a guttural roar, the Welsh pulled her former friend's leg sideways, causing her to fall off the ladder! As Shotzi crashed onto the mat, Tegan grabbed a kendo stick she brought with her during the interference and began to fire away!

"This is no DQ, it's all legal!" Beth pointed out.

"Nox may have past issues with Dakota Kai, especially when it comes to War Games, but clearly her sights are set on Shotzi Blackheart!" Wade added.

Dakota got in the ring to see Tegan striking at Shotzi and even stomping on her body multiple times and took the opportunity to climb the ladder. She was just about halfway up when Ember Moon and Toni Storm came rushing in to respectively tackle Tegan while kicking the kendo stick away and stop Dakota from climbing the ladder. As this happened, the audience now saw Rhea Ripley and Raquel Gonzalez brawling on the stage and Mercedes Martinez running into the ring to attack Ember!