Even the Odds

(November 4, 2020)

On screen...

Nothing but loud boos emanated from the audience as Tegan Nox slowly walked out of the backstage area, wearing her REBIRTH shirt and jacket. Like how she exited last week, she entered with a steel pipe dragged on the ground behind her.

"Last week, a tag team loss to Dakota Kai and Raquel Gonzalez led to Tegan Nox snapping and attacking Shotzi Blackheart." Beth explained to the viewers. "If it weren't for Ember Moon's arrival, the damage would have been devastating."

"Let's hope Nox gives an explanation behind such a sickening assault." Vic added. "I mean, come on. Shotzi Blackheart volunteered to team up with her and she repaid her kindness with a beatdown."

Tegan brought the pipe with her into the ring as she got a microphone in her hand. Keeping a blank expression on her face, she slowly raised the microphone and began to speak.

"I won't lie, on that moment, I had that little moment of regret with what I did to her. She has done nothing but reach out to me and I almost broke her jaw in return. Key word: had. You want to know how it feels to unleash against a world that just so desperately wants to put you down? It feels damn good. After all the injuries and the backstabbing from people I trusted, to release all this hate, all this frustration I had bubbling inside of me, heh, never before have I felt an adrenaline rush this satisfying."

She let the same slasher smile from last week form on her face slowly

"You all saw what I did, and I don't regret it. Shotzi Blackheart has done nothing more than take every sliver of trust I had left in her to paint me as a fool in front of an ex-friend I spent so much precious time to prove wrong, and I gave her what she deserved. You thought I wouldn't do that? Then you haven't been paying attention! The old me is dead, long buried six feet under with her paradise of false hopes and dreams. Now, I have been reborn as the greatest me I will ever be and everyone who dares defy the will of REBIRTH will be repaid with pai-"

The crowd popped loud as Ember Moon appeared on stage and walked down the ramp, much to the irritation of Tegan.

"Looks like Ember Moon has something to say about that!" Vic announced.

"Indeed she does, but Nox is irate, to say the least." Wade added.

Keeping her angry glare on, Ember entered the ring to stare Tegan in the eye with a microphone of her own. She slowly raised it to speak up.