Escalation

I know I said this story was on hold, but I had this chapter in the works so I quickly finished it up.

(November 18, 2020)

The crowd popped loudly as for an anticipated six-woman tag team match pitting Ember Moon, Shotzi Blackheart, and Toni Storm against Dakota Kai, Raquel Gonzalez, and Tegan Nox, and the former team made themselves known, coming up on the stage to the music.

"The following conte-"

The announcer couldn't make it official when the three were suddenly blindsided by their opponents! Tegan Nox was the first to attack, running out of the gorilla and slamming her forearm against the back of Shotzi's head with Dakota Kai and Raquel Gonzalez appearing shortly after to take down Ember and Toni!

"Nox and Kai and Gonzalez! They're not going to wait for the match to start!" Vic exclaimed.

"Tonight, they have a common enemy and it has done nothing more than motivate them to finish things early!" Wade added.

Dakota and Raquel proceeded to roll Ember and Toni into the ring, leaving Tegan outside to brutally pummel Shotzi against one of the steel steps. Raquel quickly picked the resident Aussie up and planted her with a Fireman's Carry Cutter!

The boos only got louder as Tegan threw Shotzi against the ring post before flooring her with the Shiniest Wizard! Finally, Dakota picked up Ember and gave her a Go To Kick!

But, it didn't stop there, as Tegan quickly dragged Shotzi by the leg to the announce table. She then pulled her ex-friend up and threw her on the table for further frenzied punching with accompanied grunts of boiling frustration.

"Tegan Nox has lost it!" Vic exclaimed. "She is just pummeling Shotzi Blackheart without a care!"

After sharing some knowing looks, Dakota and Raquel rolled out of the ring and moved towards the table, looking to get a little piece of Shotzi as well. As they approached, Tegan turned around, stopping her assault briefly to glare at them, barking "Bother them instead!"

With an agitated grunt, Dakota and Raquel turned back from Tegan, who continued to pummel Shotzi on the table. As the two rolled into the ring to further attack Ember and Toni...

The crowd popped loudly as Rhea Ripley came up on stage, looking for a fight.

"The Nightmare is here!" Vic exclaimed. 

"And she's got some things in mind for Kai, Gonzalez, and Nox!" Beth added.

Rhea walked down the ramp as an infuriated Tegan immediately forgot about Shotzi and went for the attack on the Nightmare, only to be taken down with a Big Boot when she made a sharp turn! Rhea immediately followed that up with a Clothesline that knocked Dakota down before she began to trade blows with Raquel Gonzalez.

The two women took their brawl to the ring as Rhea managed to take advantage with a well-placed knee strike that knocked the wind out of Raquel. As she prepared to bring the Latina up and down with a Riptide, Rhea was suddenly attacked from behind by Dakota and Tegan, who started firing away at her until she was battered and beaten.

Tegan forcefully pulled Rhea down to the ground by her hair and started throwing frenzied punches at the Aussie's face with her free hand while Dakota stomped and kicked on her abdomen for a bit before helping Raquel up.

"DON'T F*** WITH ME AGAIN, YOU F***ING PILE OF S***!" Tegan screamed, completely losing her cool during the pummeling as Dakota and Raquel looked on with looks of surprise and even horror at her less-than-savory statement. It was one thing for them to witness the Welsh's new, ruthless attitude before, but this was a new level for them because it screamed "uncontrollable psychopath."

The beatdown continued until Tegan stopped punching down Rhea, who was now lying on the floor, completely stunned. The Welsh was now breathing heavily with a look of hate peering down towards the Aussie powerhouse before looking up towards Dakota and Raquel.

"The hell you two looking at?!" Tegan snarled.

As she said that, before anyone could react, the crowd let out another round of mixed reactions as the three women turned around to see Mercedes Martinez walking down the ramp.

"Mercedes Martinez, formerly of the Robert Stone Brand!" Vic announced.

"She's had issues with Ripley for weeks now." Wade added. "No doubt she plans to take advantage of the situation."

Neither Tegan nor Dakota and Raquel made no move as Mercedes entered the ring and looked down on Rhea. After shaking her head in disappointment, Mercedes forced Rhea up on her feet and planted her with an Ace Crusher! Now, all four women stood over their enemies amidst a sea of boos thrown their way.

Regardless, Tegan was the first to leave with a pissed look on her face, followed by a scoffing Mercedes, and finally Dakota and Raquel.

(Later...)

The Titantron showed REBIRTH in their private lounge-like room just like last week, where Axel Trese stood in front of the rest of the group: Bronson Reed and NXT Tag Team Champions Kushida and Alex Shelley. To put it simply, the Strong Style Emperor was furious.

"First, McAfee and his lackeys, and now the goddamn Undisputed Era!" Axel roared, pacing around the room. "Once again, they threaten us because they have no respect for us and the actual good we do for this show, actual good they could NEVER hope to bring! They do not understand who did their paychecks a favor and saved and escalated NXT, brought it to a higher level than it was before, that was US! But, no, they would rather whine and complain about us not being the right people to stand at the top! Alex, tell me something..."

He immediately turned to the Detroit native, who remained stoic despite the outburst.

"...right now, are second-rate nobodies like Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch in a position to make some stupid statement about you and Kushida not being worthy of the tag team titles you worked your asses off to win?"

"No, boss." Alex replied. "They're nothing compared to us."

"And what about O'Reilly and Fish?" Axel added.

"Those two? They're stupidly overrated." Alex scoffed. "Especially O'Reilly."

Satisfied by the answer, Axel turned to Bronson Reed next.

"Bronson, you're one of the first people I've showed great respect for since first arriving here on NXT." He said. "Tell me, when I brought you into the fold of REBIRTH, what did you learn before and after?"

"I've always known the Undisputed Era were damn monkeys, so I'll just skip them." Bronson began. "But, McAfee? Dunne? Lorcan and Burch? They think they're so righteous, but they're just as dirty and spineless as Cole and his crew. I mean, trying to cheat to win your title when you've done absolutely no cheating the whole time? It's honestly laughable, and I learned from you that REBIRTH is the only empire worthy of ruling this show."

"Exactly. All eight of them, plagues to the show who think they're the cure. We need to remind them that we are the real cure, and not the plague they say we are." Axel said with an eerie manner as he backed away to observe the three men before him.

"When War Games comes, we won't just beat two teams and call it a night, guys,..." He began to explain. "...we are going to do what we do to everyone who disrespects me, REBIRTH, and our will: we beat a lesson of respect into their heads until they never forget it, even if it means we spend our whole damn lifetimes to do it! Remember, REBIRTH IS ABSOLUTE!"

"REBIRTH IS ABSOLUTE!"

With that, the segment ended.