Abnormality - Part one

Hello! Hello! Hello! I've been writing Harry Potter stuff in an alt recently, so no, I haven't given up writing, nor have I disappeared off the face of the planet. But I did end up accidentally writing "Wei Wuxian" as "Harry" about ten times lmao

Also, sorry the dialogue is weird--I haven't listened to wangxian communicating for a while so it might be a bit OOC (its bad ik sorry lol)

Revised 25/10/22

* * *

"On the contrary, one's eloquence naturally rests on the shoulders of their upbringing," said Lan Wangji, loftily pushing two long strands of hair away from his face.

"Are you implying that Uncle Jiang raised me as a brute?" asked Wei Wuxian incredulously, stifling a chuckle. "Lan Wangji, I may be a brute right now, but that certainly does not relate to Uncle Jiang's parenting."

Lan Wangji was shifting where he sat, looking quite pensive; Wei Wuxian could see the gears turning in his head. "A brute, you say?"

"Unless you think otherwise?" he prompted.

"You are far from a brute, Wei Ying," said Lan Wangji quietly. "A charmer, perhaps—at the most inappropriate of times, I might add—but your character is unique. Not at all brutish."

"I know a compliment when I see one," Wei Wuxian's eyes were narrowed. "And that was certainly a compliment, Great Master Lan."

"You may interpret it at your leisure," Lan Wangji concluded, placing down his ink brush and smoothing out the ruffled parchment. "We should probably leave now; Uncle said not to take too long with the research."

"Aqua Demons come from the resentment brewing in the water," Wei Wuxian recited tonelessly from where he leaned over Lan Wangji's shoulder to read the parchment. "It is hard to eliminate once it takes shape unless the water is completely removed and everything below is exposed to the sun for five years—Huh, that sounds pretty difficult to achieve."

"Nothing we cannot," said Lan Wangji. "Come."

Wei Wuxian immediately skipped into action, trailing after Lan Wangji as he exited the building and entered the courtyard. The lantern in his hand flickered briefly before settling into the same kindled flame as before.

"Lan Zhan, watch out!" Lan Wangji barely had enough time to unsheathe his sword before another was speeding in his direction, producing a loud clashing noise as the metal collided.

Lan Wangji raised an eyebrow loftily, "Wei Ying, what are you doing?"

Wei Wuxian grinned as he summoned Suibian back into his hands, where he welcomed it with an appreciative swing. "Oh, you know—everyone says how great and powerful Lan Wangji is; I merely wanted to test it out for myself."

Lan Wangji narrowed his eyes, "We have already fought once. You won."

"Oh, but you weren't going all out, were you?" Wei Wuxian said teasingly. "You were holding back. You see, Lan Zhan, the only time a man truly gives it his all is when he is exhilarated."

"Exhilarated...?" Lan Wangji asked questioningly.

"Like this!" Wei Wuxian once again struck Lan Wangji, this time aiming for his legs with the back of the blade, if only to knock him off his feet. Lan Wangji leapt out of the way in a fit of fluttering white robes, Suibian's blade missing him by a hair.

"Haha, I almost got you, Lan Zhan! You better watch out, for I—" He was interjected by Lan Wangji sending Bichen forward with a flick of his hand, the sword imbued with his layers of qi.