Theory - Part two

Revised 09/06/22

SCHEME THREE: OUTING

"Lan Zhan?"

"Wei Ying, it is five," Lan Wangji replied, trying his best not to stare at Wei Wuxian's dishevelled state, dressed in only his inner robes.

"Oh yes, my apologies.. I only went to sleep a couple of hours ago.." Wei Wuxian mumbled, rubbing the sleep away from his eyes with a yawn. "Hold on. Let me get ready, I'll be quick."

"Mn,"

After preparing himself, Wei Wuxian left the room and was surprised to see Lan Wangji standing in the exact same place he'd originally left him. "So, what should we do? We have to be back by at least seven... Most of the stores will be shut anyway.."

"Mn," Lan Wangji hummed. "What does Wei Ying want to do?"

"Me? Hm.. Let me see," Wei Wuxian tilted his head to the side as he pondered. "Can we go swimming? Although I suppose you would find that quite boring..."

"No," Lan Wangji exclaimed. "Want to do whatever Wei Ying wants to. Let's go," Without another word nor time for Wei Wuxian to voice a protest, Lan Wangji pulled out Bichen from within its sheath and began to levitate it with himself standing atop its blade.

After multiple pleasant conversations and a tiring journey, Caiyi Town was soon in sight. From above its perimeter, you could see the beautiful view of the large town, although the usual bustling of people was absent due to the early hours. A few residents crossed the streets here and there, although most were hiding inside of their houses for reasons unknown to the pair.

Lan Wangji removed himself from his sword, Wei Wuxian following close behind as they journeyed the streets of Caiyi. The very few people within sight sneered as they crossed paths with the pair. Some rolled their eyes and muttered a few complaints; others rushed to dash past the cultivators in a hurry.

Although confused by this predicament, Lan Wangji brought Wei Wuxian to a large lake that was perfect for swimming, often hunted down by the tourists who wanted to swim inside of Gusu's best lakes. They both seated themselves beside the water, Lan Wangji contemplating removing his boots to walk inside just as Wei Wuxian was.

"What's wrong, Lan Zhan?" He asked. "Not feeling up to it? We can always do something else.."

"No," Lan Wangji replied. "It is fine. I will join you."

"Are you sure..? I want you to have a good time as well.."

"It is fine," Lan Wangji replied as he made his way into the water. "We can swim."

"Okay, if you insist–HYAAAA!" Wei Wuxian hissed, legs recoiling from where he'd dipped them into the lake. "This water is freezing!! Lan Zhan, how are you not affected in the slightest?!"

"I bathe in the cold pond often.." Lan Wangji replied. "So I am not very sensitive to the cold."

"Lucky," Wei Wuxian mumbled, rubbing his arms with a shiver. "Why did we decide to come here so early in the morning? We should have gotten something to eat first."

"Mn..."

"Wait!" Wei Wuxian exclaimed, suddenly making his way to Lan Wangji with quick steps. "I have an idea on how I can get warm!"

Lan Wangji had an impending feeling of dread as he asked, "...How?"

"If I get close to you, we can share body heat!!"

"Wait- Wei Ying, what are you doing–WEI YING!!!!" Lan Wangji screamed, though unfortunately, it was merely a weak cry within his head. He tried to step backwards, but alas, Wei Wuxian followed him until his back was pressed against the riverbed.