eleven

Peter liked Lydia in blue

Peter liked Lydia in blue. Not that it was the reason she chose the formal blue dress currently hugging her body, but it was a thought that Lydia couldn't' shake from her head. Even Emma noticed something was wrong with her niece as she pulled up in front of the school, parking as she looked over at her.

"You know, he's an idiot," Lydia looked up at her aunt, her waved her off. "I've known for a long time how you've felt about Peter. Trust me, he's an idiot."

"He is, but it's not like he'll ever admit that,"

"When he sees you in that dress he might," the pair shared a laugh as Emma leaned over, grabbing onto her niece's hand and squeezing it tightly in her own. "Your mom and dad would've loved to be here tonight."

Lydia sucked in a breath, nodding lightly.

"I wish they were,"

"Your mom is looking down on you right now and probably gushing about how gorgeous you look. And your dad is probably trying to take all the credit," the pair shared another laugh together. "Go forget about stupid boys for the night, and just have fun."

Lydia took her advice, getting out of the car before stopping at the driver's side window.

"I love you, Em,"

Emma smiled at her niece while rolling the window up.

"I love you too, Lyds,"

Lydia Blair made her way into the gym, lights flashing and her classmates already running around, dancing to the music. The wave of Nadia's hand in the distance caught her eye as Lydia waved back, making her way over.

"Blue is definitely your color," Nadia commented, handing Michelle her cup of punch as she took a sip of her own. "You're owning that dress right now."

"Thank you ladies, you both look wonderful as well," Lydia turned to Ned with a bright grin. "I see the fedora made a come back."

"Signature style,' Ned commented, tipping it to the friends as they all laughed lightly.

She enjoyed this time with her friends, laughing as dancing horribly to the music, but there was someone she wanted to see more than anything. And as if on que, she could feel eyes on her as she turned toward the door.

Peter Parker stood just inside the gymnasium, a corsage still in his hands for Liz, but his eyes trained on Lydia. Blue was her color, and he always knew that. He managed a small smile at her, but Lydia saw right through it.

She managed a smile back, her friends waving hello as Michelle flipped him off, while she cocked her head. He looked like he was sweating, on the verge of a panic attack, as he walked toward Liz on the other side of the room.

Her friends flew back into conversation, but Lydia couldn't let her eyes stray from Peter. She watched as he handed Liz the corsage, her smile dropping, before Peter took off running out of the gymnasium.